Reload this Page >

cassis- calanques boat ride- what else?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 07:50 PM
wendy

Based on suggestions that I have heard from people on this website, we plan on stopping in Cassis to take the Calanques boat ride. Can you tell me which tour to take? I know that there are a number of different length tours that one can take. Which one and Why? We are not looking to spend the whole day there. Short is fine if the tour is good. We plan on doing this town along with Aix. Are there any other cities that we can do that day? <BR>

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 08:45 AM
cathy

I was there a few years ago and was sorry that I did not take the boat trip. It is truly beautiful there.

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 09:18 AM
steve

we took the boat ride while we were in Cassis. I think there's a short one and a long one. The short one is about 45 minutes and the boats are very well organized. Just go to the dock, buy tickets at the ticket booth, and grab the next boat leaving. <BR> <BR>It's really a beautiful ride. <BR> <BR>As for Cassis, it's a beautiful little fishing port. Eat at Romano's Restaurant - very good boulliabase. <BR> <BR>On the way out of Cassis take the "cliff road" in the easterly direction. <BR>It's a beautiful drive. <BR> <BR>Also, you can check out my web page on our trip to provence. Perhaps it will provide you with some useful information: <BR>http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/57.../provence.html

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 10:31 AM
wendy

steve- do you see enough on the short ride/ wendy

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 10:54 AM
steve

I saw enough.... <BR>It's a nice pleasant ride. Perhaps there are longer rides on which you can get out of the boat and enjoy the beaches in the alcoves, but I'm not certain. If you like pleasant "sea cruises", take the longer ride. <BR> <BR>We enjoyed just sitting in a cafe watching the fisherman. Cassis is like a postcard.

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 10:57 AM
Mari

Hi, wonder if you can travel to Cassis by local bus from Nice or Cannes. <BR>Thanks

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 10:59 AM
steve

there's probably a bus or train or a combination of both, but it's a long ride from Nice to Cassis.

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 04:39 PM
wendy

steve- thankis. i will take the short one and follow the route you suggested.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 08:45 AM
wendy

Wendy, <BR> <BR>I didn't take the boat ride, but I did park and hike over the Calanques with a picnic, spent the day sunning and swimming in the places you can see from the boat...turquoise water, limestone chalk cliffs, harbours filled with sailboats...one of the best days of my life. <BR>Wendy