Search

cascia,umbria

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 11:27 AM
kismet

cascia,umbria

Hello world's travellers!!!Does anybody knows the best route to go to Cascia, umbria from Rome?I heard so much about this small town and also about Saint Rita... Cascia's Patron... I really need your Help!!!!Coming to rome in June...Thanks..

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Carolyn

See: http://www.santaritadacascia.com/index_english.html<BR>If you do a web search there are many other sites as well.<BR>I was in Rieti last May on the feast of St. Rita which is about an hour away from Cascia. There were celebrations there and in many towns in the area as well. There is usually a schedule posted on the above website close to the feast day. I'm sure the shrine will be open in June. If you drive take the autostrada north and go through Terni. Use mappy.com for exact directions. I have no idea how to get there by public transportation but I am sure your hotel in Rome or the contact people on the St. Rita website can help you.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Steve James

Hello Kismet,<BR><BR>There is a bus service from Rome to Cascia run by SSIT.<BR><BR>It departs ROME (Tiburtina station) at:<BR>07.30 (daily)<BR>15.30 (NOT Sundays)<BR><BR>Journey time is 3 hours.<BR><BR>The SSIT website is<BR>www.spoletina.it<BR>(click 'Servizio extraurbano')<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve

Old Feb 8th, 2003, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You very much Carolyn...You gave me interesting informations..I will check the web site....
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Steven.. I will be in Rome the 18 of June for 4 days, and Cascia is going to be ones of my day trip from Rome... by the way my son also is called Steven