carry-ons to Ireland from Canada

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,dumb question from me(I've never been overseas yet but I'm leaving Sept. 1/06 for Ireland). In all of the info I've come across for what you can and can't bring now on your carry-on luggage, I haven't actually seen the words digital camera. I've seen electronic equipment, but does it include this item? Please excuse my ignorance but I really want to take my little digital with me(it's about 2x4x4&quot,not worth that much, but I'm on a budget and can't afford to buy one when I'm there. I asked my travel agent today, but she said it's changing everyday, which I can understand. Also I cannot find any info for carry-on's for Canada. I last heard you had to have a see thru carry-on! What...a big ziploc or what? Ideally I'd like to take a change of clothes and my camera. Can anyone help? Thanks, if you can!
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 04:30 AM

Hi there,

I work in this field, so I think I can help - the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) is responsible for pre-board screening at Canadian airports and have info on their website at http://www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca/english/

The only restrictions at the moment, above and beyond the regular prohibited items list of course, are on liquids, gels and aerosols, not on electronic equipment.

So in summary, your digital camera would be permitted as would a regular carry-on bag - no see-through bags necessary, just pack any liquids, gels, aerosols in your checked baggage and you'll be good to go.

I'm leaving for Ireland myself on August 24 - very excited! Enjoy your trip!
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Sweet Bippity, thank you so much for your guidance, I really appreciate it. The website was also very informative. I hope you have a fantastic trip, hope to hear all about it when you come home! Have a safe and wonderful journey.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 11:25 AM

I am glad you asked the question as I am also leaving for Ireland on 9/1 and have not seen any mention regarding digital cameras. But of course as everyone says it is a day to day thing. Have a great trip.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 04:31 AM

Not a problem, crazeecat, and thanks very much for the kind words! I do intend to post a report when I get back, and I hope you do the same. By that time I'll no doubt be going through Ireland withdrawal, so I'll be devouring every trip report I can find!