Car Service Vienna to Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read on these boards of car service available from Vienna to Budapest. Does anyone know of a similar service from Vienna to Prague or Prague to Vienna. What would the cost be? Would like to avoid the train and a self drive. Thanks
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 12:16 PM

I think the train is approx3.5 hours so I imagine by car it would take longer.It would definetly cost alot more.Why would you want to spend more money and time.
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 12:30 PM

I disagree. I think it would be about the same price, if not cheaper. I know if you go through Hertz or one of the big American car rental companies, it'll cost more, but Prague has a pretty hefty bunch of Czech car rental companies.

I lived there for a year and rented cars as often as possible. Just ask your hotel, and they'll set everything up for you. I drove from Prague to Salzburg, which took about 4 1/2 hours, and cost about $100 (I think....) and I also drove to Budapest, which was a bit more because it's farther away, but a beautiful drive.

If you take the train you don't have the possibilities of stopping off at sights you may be interested in seeing. And, the train sticks to a track. For example, on our drive to Budapest and back, we stopped in Bratislava, Slovakia for lunch, and also in a couple of little czech villages.

Also, it took considerably less time to drive than it would have to take the train...

Enjoy your freedom with the car!
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 01:27 PM

Are you really telling us that driving is faster & cheaper than the express train?I don't believe that for a minute.The poster said they don't want to drive themselves.
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 03:38 AM
viennese

kc3305, I did a website search for you and found private tours incl. car and driver from Vienna to Prague betwenn € 900 and € 1.500.

http://www.aclvienna.at/index2.php?language=E

http://vienna.panoramatours.com/sigh...ivatetours.htm

Old Oct 16th, 2004, 03:49 PM

mgmargate: I guess I misunderstood the original post. I was only trying to help. The attitude isn't needed
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 04:08 PM

Your answer was nonsense.