Car service Istanbul Airport

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Paul

Car service Istanbul Airport

Need car/limo service from Istanbul airport to Four Seasons hotel.

Four Seasons wants $160 round trip. Any ideas on cheaper service.

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Surlok

I once hired a transfer from the airport to the Pera Palas hotel. My flight landed at 11:30 PM, and I was alone, hence fearful of taking a taxi ( with an unknown driver). Unfortunately, I changed computers and lost Mehemet ( I gather this was his name) e-mail. I didn't have a Mercedes or Limo, but the car was comfortable, and so was the the transfer. Besides, it was cheap. I'll try to find his e-mail, if you want me to.

Regards,

S

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Paul

Thanks you for your response. If you could find his e-mail that would be great... Thanks again

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 10:45 PM
ggrant

Hello, I was in Istanbul in Nov. Used a private guide who was recommended on this site. He was wonderful. He picked us up from airport and we had two days private guided tour and then he took us to the pier for our cruise.
We also arrived about midnight, two females and were very comforted to have him there for us. His name is Mehmet Ozbalci; [email protected] Give him an email and see what he can do for you. He and his wife own a travel agency and tour service. I think we paid $35 for the transfer. I don't know what your plans are for Istanbul but if you also need a guide, I highly recommend him. He carried our bags when we shopped, took us as far as he could go into the cruise terminal carrying our things for us, and was so pleasant and knowledgeable.

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 01:52 AM
Surlok

Paul,

"My" Mehemet had a web site. I tried hard, but couldn't find it again. He can be the same Mehmet Ggrant refers to, he might be not, but anyway, while searching for the same man, that Mehmet I met ( no pun intended) two years ago, I came across other web sites and agents offering Airport/Old town hotel transfers for 25 dollars.
I also found out that a taxi will likely cost you from 10 to 15 dollars, depending on your arrival time and luggage.

Hence, $ 160 is a steal. How does Four Seasons dare to ask you this much?

GGrant, was "your" Mehmet a blondish man, with a moustache, age, say, mid thirties, medium built/ fair completion?

Regards,

S

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 03:01 AM
simurgh

ok! just visit www.silkroadhotels.com
i think its $40 both way

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Mimi

Spent two weeks in Turkey on our own last year. The taxis are very cheap compared to anywhere in the world. The drivers are very polite and we had many drivers that would not take a tip. I can't believe the price you quoted to get to the Four Seasons for we stayed at a hotel a block away and they charged $30. We then found out that this was also high and did not spend much more for two weeks on trains,taxis, and buses in the country. We spent a day in Capaddoca with a private driver who took us all over for less than $70.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 01:47 PM
M & J

Hi, Paul. We always use the taxis lined-up in front of the airport. We provide the driver with the hotel name and address. Sometimes we have a map showing where it is located and also provide that to him. We have not experienced any problems. Humm, just thought of this--we never saw a woman taxi driver. As mentioned previously, taxis are inexpensive. If you want, we have a write-up for first time visitors to Istanbul---just email us for a copy. We do "charge" however. You must share your trip experiences with us.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 06:13 AM
murti

Greetings,
The taxi fare will be 10$ for one way to the requested hotel from the airport. The transfer service of adventure tours with a mercedes van is 25$ for one way. you can reach them from the their site www.adventuretours.com.tr
I hope you a nice trip,
murti

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Lisa

I can second the services of Mehmet Ozbalci. We used his services for 3 days in Istanbul in the summer. He was reliable, prompt, informative and gave us a great tour.
For Surlok, "our" Mehmet had dark hair.