Reload this Page >

car rental-Size?

Search

car rental-Size?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 10:42 AM
Larry

car rental-Size?

Hi, <BR>rented a car, did not get the smallest, <BR>but got a small one, <BR>like a Open Corsa, <BR>Question, is this car's truck large <BR>enough for a regular size suitcase? <BR>anything else besides? <BR>thanks much

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 10:55 AM
elvira

I think you're looking at a hatchback (an Ope'L' Corsa?), and should fit a medium suitcase (like a 26" american tourister) and maybe a backpack and briefcase. It has a backseat, too.

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 10:57 AM
martha python

Regular sized like big flat rectangular thing? Hmmm. We have managed to fit two large LL Bean dufflebags and a case of wine into ours. There's a fair amount of space, but the area under the hatch isn't a standard trunk shape and our bags weren't standard suitcases. I may have told you nothing useful, if so, sorry.

Old Jul 31st, 1999, 09:51 PM
alan

Hi! I think the Opal Corsa is about the size of the VW Golf. We drive a Golf in the US and have enough room. In Europe we always rent the smallest automatic hatchback and have been able to put in 2 26inch wheeled suitcases as well and another small one on top of those.. Do you have a picture of it. We usually rent from a wholesaler who sends a pictured brochure of the available cars. We have also stuffed in some other objects in the hatch. Just make sure it is covered. alan

Old Aug 1st, 1999, 11:32 AM
Helena

The Opel Corsa does have a covered hatchback, and it's surprisingly roomy inside for a small car - at least in the passenger cabin. Never tried big suitcases in it, but I'd shy away from the huge, traditional-shaped luggage -- you might have trouble fitting it, or at least anything else with it.