Search

Car rental in Nice?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car rental in Nice?

hi,
I need your advice. We'll be spending nights in Nice upon arrival, the plan to pick up our car in town and drive to St. Remy for 3 nights, ending with 1 night near Toulon.
Would you take the car instead at the beginning of the trip from the airport? We're staying at the Flots d/Azur on the Promenade and I don't know about parking. We'll be there mid-April.
Thanks for you help!!
Dawn
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 02:04 PM
ita

No, we did exactly what you are going to do. A car in Nice would just be a hinderance. We picked our car up at the train station as we were leaving Nice
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 04:13 PM

I totally agree with the other poster. You won't need a car while you're in NIce, and parking can be a nightmare.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 04:37 PM

I concur with the above. We drove to Nice but discovered we did not need a car while there. Parking was a problem so we should have relinquished the car upon arrival at the train station. We used the public bus transportation to Monte Carlo which was a wise idea considering the twists and turns of the road.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 07:58 PM

Well, I'm not quite so sure. You say "nights in Nice" -- how many? If you're staying IN Nice for a day or two, no you won't want a car, but if you're basing there for a few days and want to go to Eze, St. Paul, Vence, and other places, you really may want that car. What are your plans for Nice?
We parked in a huge underground garage under the gardens right off the Promendade and got in and out privileges. It wasn't expensive and was pretty easy to come and go to that point.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 11:39 PM

I agree with Patrick. The roads around Nice are some of the most beautiful in the world. If you are planning any visits outside of town, it's handy to have a car.
The Promenade des Anglais is very long; I don't know where your hotel is; they may have parking.
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 03:11 AM

You don't say WHEN you're going, but if it's during the busy summer season,(June-August) I'd advice taking public transportation (either train or bus) to any other towns you might want to visit while based in Nice.

Old Jan 26th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

hi, Thanks for your replies! We'll be in Nice April 10 and 11. Is that too much time? Should we take the car from the airport and spend one night in Nice and 1 in St. Paul? Then we're off to St. Remy for 3 nights-does anyone know Mas des Fleurs- and finally a last night near Toulon at Villa Heliotropes, before leaving from Nice airport.
All ideas appreciated!!
Dawnie