Car rental in Malaga

Old Aug 24th, 2022, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car rental in Malaga

We are staying in Malaga, not far from the Cathedral for several nights in March. From there, we intend to rent a car for a five-night stay at Casa Olea. From there, we intend to return the car and take a train to Madrid.

Car rentals have gotten more expensive. From a rate perspective, I’d like to rent from MalagaCar.com. But they do not have a location in the city center. They indicate that they can meet you at the train station although their website assumes you’ve just arrived by train. But I assume on return, we’d have to drop the car at the airport location. How hard is it to get from there back to the train station?

The cost at other rental companies is considerable more. So are fares for a pickup in Malaga and a drop off in Cordoba. So I’m not sure I have a ton of good options. But I’m open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 05:04 AM

It isn't hard at all to get from the airport to the train station. First, it isn't that far, only about 10 km, so a taxi isn't going to cost that much.

Secondly, there is a train with lines from the airport and one line C1 goes right to that train station (among other stops).

https://www.aeropuertodemalaga-costa...to-airport.htm
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Christina. That’s very helpful.