car rental Germany

Jun 13th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Original Poster

car rental Germany

I am trying to rent a car from the airport in Franfurt and dropping it off in Enschede in the Netherlands. I am finding problems with one way rentals. Does anyone have any suggestions as to companies that do one way rental from Germany to the Netherlands?

Thank you.
Jun 13th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, typo, should read Frankfurt.
Jun 13th, 2007, 10:10 PM

most companies have high drop off fees if going between countries.

What is the rest of your itinerary like/how long is the trip?

I'm asking because there are often ways to work around the problem - like renting one car, dropping it in the first country, taking a train and then picking up a 2nd car. Or, lease/return if more than about 3 weeks . . . . .
Jun 13th, 2007, 10:32 PM

I have never tried this, but since Enschede is on the German border maybe you can drop the car off in a town on the German side - Bad Bentheim or Gronau maybe, and use public transport to get to Enschede. That way you will avoid any cross-border drop off fees. I would look into costs for this. If you have a lot of luggage you could go to Enschede in the car, drop off the luggage wherever you will be staying there and then take the car back to one of the German towns close by, getting a bus or train back.
Jun 13th, 2007, 11:57 PM

The idea suggested by hetismij was what I was also thinking about. You could even choose a city a little bit farther away (Munster, Osnabruck, Oberhausen, Dusseldorf, Koln). The last four cities all have a direct connection by train to the Netherlands (Hengelo to be exact, from here it is 10 minutes by train to Enschede). Munster also has easy connections I believe.