Search

CAR RENTAL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 1999, 07:22 PM
PAUL O'TOOLE

CAR RENTAL

My wife will be flying to europe to meet me as I will already be working there in Bosina. I am interested in renting a car for about18 days. The city for my wife to fly into is my choice so is any one country cheaper to rent in, if so which one and any other rental tips would be appreciated. Bascially we want unlimited mileage as we will be driving all over. Thanks.

Old Jul 19th, 1999, 04:55 AM
Richard

Paul, Germany would probably be the least expensive, contact AutoEurope @ 1-800/223-5555 for quotes, we've used them and the rates are competitive.

Old Jul 19th, 1999, 07:13 AM
Helen

Paul, I would second the suggestion to try AutoEurope, we used them in France this year and were pleased with their rates and service. Since that's my sole experience in renting overseas, my only other suggestion is to do a search on this forum, if you haven't done so already. Before my trip, earlier postings led me to a very comprehensive website about driving in Europe -- was it called Motoeurope? Who remembers, my mind's a sieve these days (I'm sure it's the heat), but you will find it in the archives here. Also through reading the postings on Fodor's, I learned that it's possible to save money on a longer-term rental by leasing. If I recall correctly, an 18-day trip would qualify for this option. (Just don't take my word for it.)

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 07:09 PM
betsy

Another vote for AutoEurope! We rented in Italy for two weeks in April and found their staff, service and prices to be the best. Would definitely use them again.

Old Jul 21st, 1999, 05:08 AM
PAUL

Thankyou all for your input it is greatly appreciated, and AUTOEUROPE it is.