Reload this Page >

luggage lockers at Gatwick?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 1999, 05:17 PM
lisa

My husband and I are going to have a 12 hour lay-over at Gatwick before we catch our plane to Rome in October. We would like to go into London when we arrive but don't know if Gatwick has luggage lockers. Any help would be appreciated! <BR>Thanks!! <BR>Lisa

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 09:53 AM
pauline

Lockers -no <BR>Use the left luggage office.

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 11:33 AM
Robin

Nope - <BR>Sorry to say Lisa there's no place to park your luggage in Gatwick. I spent several hours in Gatwick awaiting my plane during April and I asked in both the south & north terminals (I had layovers both coming/going) and there no longer provide lockers or left luggage accommadations. <BR> <BR>Since people usually take the Gatwick Express into London, then perhaps you could leave your luggage there in the train station. Gatwick Express arrives/departs from Victoria Station.

Old Jul 21st, 1999, 04:37 AM
Valerie

I have the exact same question but for Heathrow Airport, as I have a layover for 12 hours there in Oct. Can anybody tell me?

Old Jul 21st, 1999, 05:01 AM
Ron

Valerie: <BR> <BR>Left Luggage <BR> <BR>Each terminal at Heathrow has a left luggage facility. Items are security checked. <BR>Charges are: <BR> <BR>0-6 hrs £2.50 <BR>6-12 hrs £3 <BR>12-24 £3.50 <BR> <BR>Terminal 1 (06.00-23.00) <BR>Burns Int'l Facilities Services <BR> <BR>Terminal 2 (06.00-22.30) <BR>Excess Baggage Company <BR> <BR>Terminal 3 (05.30-22.30) <BR>Excess Baggage Company <BR> <BR>Terminal 4 (05.30-23.00) <BR>Burns International <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 21st, 1999, 05:12 AM
Ron

Lisa, you may want to get independent confirmation on Robin's claim that there are no "left luggage" facilities at Gatwick airport. The BAA website certainly says that there are: <BR> <BR>Left Luggage <BR> <BR>Excess Baggage Company provides a short term left baggage service in both <BR>terminals. <BR> <BR>North Terminal on the check-in concourse is open from 0600-2200 hours. South <BR>Terminal Arrivals concourse is open 24 hours. <BR> <BR> <BR>Charges per item: <BR>up to 12 hrs £2.50 <BR>12 to 24 hrs £3.00 <BR>Each subsequent 24 hour period £3.00 <BR> <BR>Week rate of £15.00 <BR>and longer term rates <BR>are available. <BR> <BR>Excess Baggage Company <BR> <BR>North terminal +44 (0)1293 502013 <BR>South Terminal +44 (0)1293 502014 <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 21st, 1999, 05:42 AM
Robin

<BR>It appears that I stand corrected. Apparently the 'information booth' @ Gatwick had the wrong information. Damn - it was a pain in the a-- dragging my luggage around for 4 hours. ANYHOW, in addition to the previous posted note (see above), I did find a website for the company, Excess Baggage (http://www.excess-baggage.com). <BR>Their '800' number in the states could only say, you need to call their London number in order to get the specifics on rates and where to find their locale. And from my experience, there's no big sign anywhere directing you, so I'd call ahead to find out where to go to store your stuff. <BR>Enjoy you day in London!