Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

car hire service from Heathrow to Cardiff

Old Jan 27th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a car service which can drive from Heathrow to Cardiff?
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 01:39 AM

It's pricey for one person. You can check with www.justairports.com and see if they go to Cardiff. I found this online. I'm assuming from your other post there will be others going with you?

http://tinyurl.com/2jq95j

There might be bus/coach service that would be less expensive.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 02:45 AM

It's often a bit cheaper to get a local company to come to Heathrow to collect you than to get a London company (which is what Carrybean's recommending) to drive you to a distant location. Though looking at the site Carrybean's shown, I doubt it'll be a great deal cheaper: I'd have guessed £160-£170 each way.

If a Cardiff expert doesn't offer a suggestion, google Cardiff taxi and get a quote.

The National Express bus, BTW, is about £38 per person return (ie there and back), before discounts. There are about two people in the world who don't qualify for some kind of discount.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. It will be me and my husband and 15 month old baby with 2 pieces of luggage and 2 pieces of handbags traveling.

I got a quote of 70 GBP for 2 adults going from Heathrow to Cardiff on National Express.I just couldn't figure out the terminal to leave from as we are landing through AMerican Airlines, which I think is T3. I will have to call the Airline.

I thought it might be more convenient if the price was not much different to have a car pick us up since my husband hates traveling and we have the baby. But as you said, it is at least double. Cheapest I have found so far is 155 GBP.

I can't seem to qualify for a discount on the website. Can someone please direct me to one? We are both 32 years old and are not students.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 06:24 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
It is about 120 miles from LHR to Cardiff - would you take a car service or taxi that far where you live?? I know where I'm from that would cost nearly as much as my transatlantic air fare (only a slight exaggeration)

Even w/o a discount, the coach will be your best bet.

Or you could take a coach to Reading and the train from there. But w/ the baby and assorted luggage, that would be more hassle.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I think I will book the National Express. Thanks.