capri

Oct 22nd, 1997, 11:12 AM
dswearingen

capri

Isle of Capri? Worth the trip??

Oct 29th, 1997, 08:12 AM
Tim Walshe

Hi,
Was there this year in September. Struck me as having oudles of rural charm, scenic grandure, and all the commericial trapings of a place that has long been a destination for many Italians. Enjoy, Tim.

Oct 29th, 1997, 12:44 PM
Rita Bruns

Take seasick pills. The boat trip can be a killer.

Oct 29th, 1997, 06:59 PM
Montserrat Mitchell

I visited the Isle of Capri the past June. The island and the water around it is absolutly beautiful. However the city is not much to look at and is rather expensive. I would recommend staying somewhere on the mainland (We stayed in Sorrento) and do Capri as a day trip. But the natural beauty is definatly worth doing!

Oct 29th, 1997, 10:20 PM
michelle

we were in capri in april on a day trip:
absolutely beautiful but expensive. Easy to see why it is such a paradise, definitely recommend going for the day. Bring your camera!

Oct 31st, 1997, 03:08 PM
Jenn

While in Italy during the summer a few years ago, I went on a day trip to Capri and have longed to return ever since. One place you must see is the estate of Doctor Axele Munthe. The gardens were beautiful and the design of the house interior truely inspired. The boat ride into the Blue Grotto was a bit overdone (all the guides singing O'so'lo me'o), but it was a beautiful sight. We took a local bus to the sight and then climbed aboard a boat there rather then taking a boat around the island from the harbor. It wasn't as expensive. However, the weather might get in the way of a trip. A friend returned from a trip last September and they were not able to go on a day trip as the rainy weather made the sea too rough and the ferry service wouldn't operate. Also, I do believe most of the island shuts down off-season so I'm not sure when you were planning on going, but if the weather doesn't interfere, I would highly recommend it. -Jenn