Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can't we book 4 in a single Norwegian hotel room?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to make some hotel reservations for a July trip to Norway for my family. We're traveling with two young kids (5 & 9) and we are trying to save money. I've been looking extensively online at rates, yet I'm finding that it's difficult if not impossible to get a rate quote for a single room for 4 people. Most will only book a room for two, from what I can tell. Aren't there rooms with two double or queen beds in moderate hotels in Norway, and if so, why can't I book one for four of us? I haven't inquired on the phone yet because I'm trying to save the long-distance costs. Thought I'd check with previous travelers first. Thanks!
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 02:04 PM

I must admit I'm no expert on this Bjørn is But in many hotel rooms you can get extra beds for the kids for a very small fee. Or they usually use a different system for kids, as what you are doing now I beleive is trying to book a room for 4 adults. But anyway my main point was get yourself some email addresses and try using them instead of calling, as it's a lot cheaper for a quick inquirey. And what city are we talking about ?

Cobos
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 03:14 PM

What you need to look for is a "family room"

A single is for one person, a double or twin is for two people, and a family room is for your situation - two adults and one or two small children.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 03:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The Radisson hotels have hotels all over Norway that will accommodate all of you AND they have what they call "summer magic" promotions. First go to the website (www.radissonsas.com) and search the site and the prices, then call the 800 number. They also have indoor swimming pools that kids love.
In Copenhagen, that's the only place where they seem to have fire restrictions on the number of people in the room (other than family rooms) and in that instance, we booked to adjacent room with a door in between that remained open.
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Bootman4U

Since you're trying to save money in the "contact" phase how about e-mailing the hotels and asking about this specifically...might save a lot of time, confusion, misunderstanding..ask about rates..sometimes (not always) you'll get a better rate directly from the hotel as opposed to using their own or other booking services.

Old Jun 15th, 2003, 01:32 AM

Inexpensive accomodation in Tromso all with family rooms 5, 4 or 3 persons:
hotellnord
amihotel
viking-hotell
amalie-hotell

On hurtigruten they may have a tripple that would accomodate 2 adults and 2 children?

Most hotels in Norway have two standard beds, not queen. Sorry!