Can't print PREM tickets due to cancellation insurance

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2006, 06:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't print PREM tickets due to cancellation insurance

Hello,
I am hoping someone here can assist...
I am in the US. I bought 2 PREM tickets, Avignon to Roissy. I expected to be able to print them out, only to discover I can't, since I took the cancellation isurance (I figured that at 2EU per person it was worth it). So now what can I do? I doubt the 'Hard Copy' tickets will make it to New Jersey and I can't print them. I can probably get somehting arranged at the station, but REALLY do not want to waste trip time on working this out with SNCF staff. Is there a number or email address that has proved helpful? Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you,
David
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:02 AM
ira

Hi A,

You should have a confirmation with the code number for your tickets.

SNCF tickets by phone: If you want tickets mailed to your home in the USA you can do it by buying by telephone. Call the English speaking agent at 011 33 8 92 35 35 39 and buy the tickets. Ask the agent to mail them to you. Also 011-33-8-92-35-35-35

Good luck

Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:26 AM

I bought Thalys tickets w/insurance and they arrived about 10 days later to Florida. You might give it a chance before calling to rearrange...
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I called the number Ira provided, and spoke to a representative. The person was good and efficient, no problems. He explained that I can bring the confirmation codes and my credit card to a SNCF desk at any station to get the tix printed out. I will try to do this on an earlier leg of our trip. In any case, I will be watching my mailbox for the tickets. I have received tickets from SNCF before, but I think it is a hit-or-miss thing.
sO I hope to get the tickets in the mail, but if not, I'll just get this done at the station.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 01:55 PM

I'm surprised that they will even mail PREM tickets to the US. When I bought ours a few weeks ago, you first had to pick your country, and the US was not an option. How did you get around that? For printing them out it didn't matter what country you picked, but did the site let you put in the US for mailing?
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:39 PM

I choose either France or Netherlands.
In the address box, I put my actual address - when the address label prints it looks like this:

Travelnut Smith
123 Main Street
Anytown, Florida USA
Netherlands

Someone had scratched out "Netherlands"
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Nonnafelice,
I didn't have the option of setting USA as the country. country was set as France, but I put in my address like Travelnut did, and didn't even expect the tickets to arrive - I was, of course, pleasently surprised to receive them. Now at least I know WHY I never had the option to print them. Wish it was clearer on the websote. I don't recall seeing anything like "Warning - buying cancellation insurance will only allow you to receive your tickets by mail. You will not be able to print your own ticket"...would have been nice if they did.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 06:41 AM
ira

>Wish it was clearer on the websote. I don't recall seeing anything like "Warning - buying ....<

That's the problem with you kids today, you want everything done for you!