Canoeing in Dordogne region in October?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2023, 10:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We love canoeing and were thinking of visiting the Dordogne region early to mid October. Probably near Sarlot but we will likely move around. Understanding the weather will be cooler, but my main question for anyone who’s visited at this time of year is will rental places still be operating? I found one place that said they were open May-October and wondered if this would likely be the case everywhere. Many thanks if you are able to help.
Old Sep 7th, 2023, 10:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It really depends, the weather and the general market has most influence on how long these businesses keep going. The local town council ones are most likely to keep going even when the weather is poor, while the private businesses will worry about cash.

If a site also does say Donkey packing or Llama packing or bike hire it might also extend the season.

If it were me, email the ones you care about or email the tourist info of the towns you want to try.

Google translate does a reasonable translation but don't expect a rapid response.
Old Sep 7th, 2023, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou. That makes sense. Do you think we should do the same if we could move our trip to mid September ? Or would most places still be open at that point? I did not know about the Llamas and donkeys. Thx for mentioning!
Old Sep 7th, 2023, 12:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd be guessing, just email a tourist information. Schools go back well before October.