Search

3 weeks in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2023, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 weeks in Italy

Hello all,

My friends and I are a month out from starting our 3 week Italy itinerary. Some of us have visited before but personally I have never been. As of now our trip includes…

4 nights in Rome

3 nights in Florence

2 nights in Venice

3 nights in Cinque Terre
We found a lot of information on Travelrightvacation.com for things to do in each of those cities. This site was also really helpful in pointing us in the right direction for booking hotels, flights and tours and we are grateful for it as well as recommend it to any one planning a trip in the future. Ok enough with the praise. The goal of me writing this is to ask for any hidden gems or must-sees in both the places already on our list and other ideas. We’re far from done planning and there's a lot of flexibility in when and what we do. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old Aug 17th, 2023, 09:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Your days/nights only add up to about two weeks. Your thread title says three weeks. It sounds like you've booked lodging in Rome, Florence, Venice and the CT. Where are you staying the other nights?

Which airports are you flying into and out of? Are you traveling by public transportation only? Are you open to renting a car to see some areas not well-served by train/bus?

As to what are "hidden gems" and "must-sees," that's hard to discuss without knowing your interests and what you already plan to see/do.

FWIW: For first-time visits, I would want more time in Rome, Florence and Venice. Three nights in Florence is just two full days to see an enormous number of treasures. If your time there includes Sunday/Monday, you may have trouble seeing all of the main sights which are not open every Sunday and/or Monday. Two nights in Venice means only one full day to see one of the most unique cities in the world. Depending on your interests, you'll probably need/want to make entry reservations for any venue that offers them; otherwise, you'll spend a lot of time waiting in lines.
Old Aug 17th, 2023, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by MatthewT
Hello all,
My friends and I are a month out from starting our 3 week Italy itinerary. Some of us have visited before but personally I have never been. As of now our trip includes…
4 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
2 nights in Venice
3 nights in Cinque Terre
We found a lot of information on Travelrightvacation.com for things to do in each of those cities. This site was also really helpful in pointing us in the right direction for booking hotels, flights and tours and we are grateful for it as well as recommend it to any one planning a trip in the future. Ok enough with the praise. The goal of me writing this is to ask for any hidden gems or must-sees in both the places already on our list and other ideas. We’re far from done planning and there's a lot of flexibility in when and what we do. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Q: What are your ages?
Interests? Art, History, Physical Activities/Hiking?
Flying in/out of which airport?
Old Sep 7th, 2023, 12:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Never heard of Travelrightvacation.com

No idea what they would recommend

Have you considered books, like Fodors or Rough Guide or even the Blue guide.

Lots of gems exist but for what?

5T requires good walking boots, some of the paths are steep.
Florence, you'll find various religious buildings outside of the walls, some are especiallly good
Rome, get to understand public transport, this will make your time easier. I recommend the Pantheon, if there is a tour take it
Venice, try and be up 6am to 8am or 8pm to 11pm as the whole atmosphere changes. Take the water taxi to the airport, very james bond.
Old Sep 7th, 2023, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jean
Presumably plans have been made.
Not wanting to sound cynical but I think the plan was to post the link and praise above.