Reload this Page >

Cannero Rivera Hotels

Search

Cannero Rivera Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 01:32 PM
GAC

Cannero Rivera Hotels

Has anyone stayed at either the Hotel Cannero or the Park Hotel Italia, both in Cannero Riviera, Lake Maggiore, Italy? Any comments?

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 01:55 AM
Julie

Yes, we stayed at the Cannero Riviera hotel about 4 or 5 years ago when we did an all Italian Lakes trip. We had a room with a very small balcony (but big enough for a tiny table and two chairs) that faced he lake and the street along the lake that the hotel is on. It was beautiful. Honestly can't remember much about the room since we spent most of our time on that balcony. Hotel also just across the street from the ferry stop, another interesting thing to watch. Hotel had nice though small pool, pleasant dining room, and wasn't very expensive. Many of the guests were British staying on demi=pension. I'd certainly stay there again. The town has 2 or 3 acceptable restaurants besides the one in the hotel. We liked staying there better than in Stresa. Took ferry to Stresa to go to Iles de Borremeas. Enjoy your stay.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 01:56 AM
Julie

Sorry, the actual name of the hotel we styed at was Hotel Cannero.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:28 AM
GAC

Julie, do you remember the quality of the matrass, whether the bathroom was updated (the hotel opened in 1902), and the general quality of the room. From their website photos, the "superior rooms" with balcony seem heavenly. Thanks.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Julie

Don't have specific recollections but generally recall that it was a pleasant stay in a nice updated (probably renovated countless times since it opened) hotel. If it had had bad beds or bad plumbing I'm sure I'd have remembered that. First thing my husband said when I mentioned it to him was "nice pool"

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:48 AM
GAC

Grazie moltissimo per le informazioni.