Can't get hotels to make reservations

Sep 4th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Karen

Can't get hotels to make reservations

I have been trying to make a reservation at he Pesionne Accademia in Venice and when I called the man said Call Back in October. I know that will be too late for June of 2002. Also 2 hotels in Rome and one in Tuscany told me to try back in February. That will be too late. Does anyone know how I can make reservations now. Through a service?

Sep 4th, 2001, 03:12 PM
Book Chick

Karen,
I would recommend you e-mail them directly. (In the case of the Accademia, the e-address I have for them is [email protected]) Let them know you're very interested in staying there, they're the best, all your friends recommend them or you've stayed there before & wouldn't dream of staying elsewhere, etc. (In other words, lay it on thick!) Ask in your e-mail for a fax # where you can fax your credit card # to secure your reservation. You might be surprised, as the folks you e-mail are not necessarily the same folks who answer the phones.
Best of Luck,
BC

Sep 4th, 2001, 05:18 PM
Mika

http://www.pensioneaccademia.it/pren.htm
Here is your reservation page.

Sep 4th, 2001, 06:34 PM
Joanne

Don't mean to belabor the following, as I did post a similar response on another post re Pensione Accademia. For years I have wanted to stay there. We are going to Venice next May. I e-mailed them in June and was told they couldn't reserve for 2002 yet and to e-mail again in late August. When we e-mailed with definite dates in MID August they e-mailed back that they were fully booked. I was. needless to say, not a happy camper (no pun intended). I realize it is an extremely popular hotel, but that's a lousy way to run things, popularity be damned.

I'm very disappointed, but my anger seems to be overwhelming it. We've made other arrangements and we are very much looking forward to our first visit to Venice. We always have a great time in Italy.

j

Sep 5th, 2001, 12:16 AM
Karen

I already E-mailed them. They send back to try later. Any travel agents out there who can help?

Sep 5th, 2001, 01:19 AM
run

Hi there,
try with this deutsche woman,Catherina, who has worked for an important agency in Florence and now works in the Cinque Terre.
She organizes travel for groups or individual in every part of Italy.
Her e-mail is [email protected]
I'm sure she will help you.

Sep 5th, 2001, 03:43 AM
nancy

Molly,
I am making reservations right now for next May (venice)
Pensione Seguso, and one other hotel have given me the same replies.
But, I had good responses from the
Loncanda Leon bianco
The American
The Firenzeand a small place called the P.Pruili

these places are all wiling to book.
I made it ovious to them that I knew the rates would go up, but that I still wanted to assure myself of a room , NOW.

Which hotel in Rome?
I did reserations at the torre della argentina, as early as now.
But, I did not love that hotel.
Is the del Senato (rome) are your list?
We really loved that one.

Other than being perseverant, I am sorry, I have no advice.

If you are looking for a travel agent,
we used one to book our Rome apt.
through last yr.
they are Great Travels , out of D.C
Maybe they can help.
If you want more info on them, E- me.

Good luck!

Sep 5th, 2001, 03:54 AM
WT

Hello,

Please someone tell me why is Pesionne Accademia booked till next year? I mean what's so special that you have to book so early in advance or this is the hotel situation in Italy?

Sep 5th, 2001, 05:06 AM
Denise

I had no problem reaching the Pension Accademia by using their website form to fill out. I did initially write them by email and with a curt reply then said to fill out the form. It took a few days to hear back from them though by email. I opted for the La Calcina instead and they replied back to me immediately and took my reservations for next July. Other hotels such as Locanda Sturion and Hotel Flora said they weren't taking reservations till November.

Good Luck,
try the website
Denise

Sep 5th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Karen

Nancy we are staying at a B&B in Rome called Residenza San Pantaleo. Can't wait to see what I'm getting for about $100 a night. The del Senato looks great but I am spending alot in Venice for a canal view and didn't want to spend &243 in Rome.

Sep 5th, 2001, 11:53 AM
Kate

We will be in Rome in November & I found that when I was trying to book online...I had problems finding hotels with availability. I found that if I had my heart set on a particular hotel, I was better off calling them & securing the reservation that way. We will be staying at the Due Torri & they told me on the phone that they did have availability but needed a fax with the credit card #. Good luck. Kate

Sep 5th, 2001, 07:12 PM
x

Perhaps this is indicative of the kind of service you can expect at this hotel.
Or in all of Venice

Sep 5th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Dee

Karen, If you're not set on the Accademia, I say go where you get a response. When I recently contacted several hotels, I pursued leads from those that responded and ignored those that didn't. Here's a small list of hotels that responded and their net address:
Hotel Casci ([email protected])
Hotel Roma ([email protected])
J&J ([email protected])
Hotel Paris ([email protected])
Hotel Locanda ai Santi Apostoli ([email protected])

Hope this helps. I'd also send a polite note to the Accademia that due to a lack of response I took my business elsewhere.

Sep 5th, 2001, 08:56 PM
Holly

This sure sounds to me like a lot of hotels just don't want to take reservations so far in advance from Americans these days because of all the multiple-hotel booking going on, with cancellations months down the road. And why should they book up now their prime times for next year and proceed to turn away (other) business over the next six to eight months for that same time period, only to be barraged with cancellations the requisite month ahead of time?

Jan 9th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Gaye

I e-mailed the Pensione Accademia directly in Dec. and I heard from them the very next day. I had to send a personal check for a deposit for June 02 which I did. The transaction went very
smoothly.