Reload this Page >

Canary Islands in Oct

Search

Canary Islands in Oct

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 03:13 AM
Clare

Canary Islands in Oct

My sis and I were thinking of spending a few days in the Canary Islands in Oct as part of a european side trip. Does anyone have any advice as to which island (we have 3 days) and a luxury hotel to basically hoard ourselves in? Thanks!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 03:55 AM
Philip

I went several years ago, about that same time. The weather was perfect. <BR><BR>I went to Gran Canaria. The island is really interesting as it has a real mix of topogrpahy. I drove around the island and saw stunning cliffs overlooking the ocean not very far away from desert type landscape. <BR><BR>Can't help you with a luxury hotel as I stayed at a very small, budget hotel in Las Palomas.<BR><BR>

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 04:02 AM
elina

I would say Teneriffe (excluding Play de las Americas and environs). Hire a car and drive to volcano Teide (highest mountain in Spain), drive (or preferably trek) the Orotava valley, drive to the eastern Anaga peninsulu.<BR><BR>Luxury hotel: Botanico in Puerto de la Cruz.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Steve

Toss up between Gran Canaria and Tenerife. I'd probably pick Tenerife, the scenery is spectacular.<BR><BR>Steve

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Clare

Thanks for the feedback!