Can you help me with a health question?

Mar 13th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Buzzy

Can you help me with a health question?

Can anyone help me find a similar forum to this devoted to health issues? I have just been diagnosed with a condition and would like to ask questions of others who have the same illness. I also need their experiences of managing the illness while travelling. I have 3 holidays booked this year and am anxious to know how other people managed?

Thank you

Mar 13th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Debbie

Go to google.com and press on the word GROUPS. Then type in the name of your disease. This will bring up posts on discussion boards about that disease. You can then find the board(s) that they are posting on. Good luck.

Mar 13th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Mh

Try the Mayo Clinic website: www.mayo.edu they may not have the chat stuff but there is a wealth of medical information available at their website that may help you with your illness. As for traveling bring copies of your prescriptions and enough pills to cover the entire trip and then a few extra days just in case. Make sure you are traveling in countries that have similiar medical care and standards as you are used to . My biggest suggestion would be to learn everything you can about your illness and then make informed decisions about your health and travel plans. Good luck and I hope you feel better.....

Mar 13th, 2002, 05:44 AM
honey

webmd.com has message boards as does drweil.com.

Mar 13th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Leslie

These are general public health sites that include discussion forums:

www.drkoop.com
www.intelihealth.com
www.healthcentral.com

If your condition is a bit more esoteric, then this one enables you to do medline searches of recent scientic journals re: your condition:

www.medscape.com