Reload this Page >

Can you do Malpensa to Bellagio by bus?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Debby

I just read a post where someone suggested going from Como to Bellagio by bus. the bus leaves from the train staion. If you are arriving at malpensa and taking the bus to Como, all posters have suggested the hydrofoil or ferry. How often does this bus run? How long does it take? Can you get to it from where the malpensa bus drops you off in Como? How much does it cost?<BR><BR>I'm just doing my last minute planning for a trip later this month. We plan to rent a car, but this beautiful bus ride might be nice after an over seas flight.<BR><BR>Debby

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Dale

DEBBY:<BR>I did this a couple of weeks ago. There is a bus from Malpensa to Como. I would guess there are about 8 or 10 per day. The trip takes a little less than an hour and the bus deposits you at the lakefront in Como where you can purchase tickets for the boat trip to Bellagio which takes 45 minutes or so. As I recall, the cost of tickets is nominal ($5 or so). By the way the bus ride is not particularly "beautiful" but it is an opportunity to nap ofter a long flight. Ciao e buon viaggio. DALE

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:21 AM
ppp

The Malpensa - Como bus info may be found at<BR>http://www.sptcomo.it/orari/malpensa.html

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:35 AM
elvira

Malpensa-Como-Bellagio connections<BR>http://www.bellagio.co.nz/malpensa/index.html

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Esther

Does anyone know where to find a more up-to-date schedule (for October 2002) of the buses from Malpensa to Como and/or the hydrofoils from Como to Bellagio? Thanks!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 02:55 PM
gac

www.sptcomo.it<BR>www.navigazionelaghi.it<BR><BR>T here are half a dozen buses (fewer on Sundays) from Malpensa to the City of Como, from where you have the choice of connecting to another (hourly) bus, or a ferry/hydrofoil, to Bellagio.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 04:03 PM
cathy

We are going to be heading from Malpensa to Bellagio in a few days, and below are the options that Hotel Belvedere gave me for the trip, including times for the busses. We decided to reduce our stress after the long flight and shell out a few bucks extra for a taxi, but the other options don't look too bad.<BR><BR><BR>1) By Taxi Euro 150,00.= time approx.1h45' (we can arrange it for you).<BR> <BR>2) Public Transportation:<BR>- By Shuttle bus from the Airport to Como Bus Station:<BR>The bus leaves outside the Arrival gates n° 3 or 4 at the Malpensa Terminal n° 1 at<BR>8.00 - 9.25 - 11.00 - 12.00 - 16.25 - 19.30<BR>The departures from Malpensa Terminal n° 2 are approx. 5 minutes later.<BR>The trip take approx. 1h.<BR>Once in Como to reach Bellagio you can:<BR>a) Take a Taxi Lit. 110.000.= time approx. 40' (we can arrange it for you)<BR>b) Take a bus (leaving not too far away from where you arrive) Euro 3,50.= (more or less).= per person, time approx. 1h30.<BR>Departures: 8.48 - 11.12 - 12.18 - 13.38* - 14.52° - 16.08* - 17.13* - 17.42 - 18.47<BR>* means: not running on Sunday<BR>° means: running only on Sunday<BR>c) Take a hydrofoil Euro 12,00.= (more or less).= ca. per person, time approx 50'.<BR>Departures: 12.15 - 13.00° - 13.30 - 14.00° - 16.20 - 17.15 - 18.00 - 19.05&ugrave;<BR>The hydrofoil leaves from Piazza Cavour<BR>° means: running only on Sunday<BR>

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Howard

An added bit of advice: When you take the hydrofoil from Como, make sure you take the one that only makes a couple stops before Bellagio. That's the one that takes 45 minutes. There's another that make many stops and takes about 2 hours!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 12:53 AM
Daniel

I took the bus from Como to Bellagio (75 minutes) and back a few years ago. It was a funny ride, on a narrow road high above the lake. The shore is very steep in some places. Some houses have the main entrance from the sidewalk in to the fourth or fifth floor. The journey from Bellagio to Como is of course most scary, especially if you sit on the right side of the bus.