can't find my post!

Search

can't find my post!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't find my post!

I posted a message about Naples entitled something like &quot;Naples, please help, time <BR>running out!!!&quot; but I can't find it anymore<BR>no matter what keyword I search. Where is it??
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

ok I found it by scrolling, but the search engine doesn't seem to work!
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 04:15 PM

To find all the threads that you've posted to, just click on your name and you'll get a complete listing across all the forums. It's a new feature that Fodors added recently.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 04:38 PM

And here is a bookmarkable link<BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2&amp;tid=34401178<BR>
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 06:14 AM
rex

There is still an Achilles heel. If you have posted rarely (say, maybe like only one post ever, and maybe it was just 24 hours ago or less), your post might be a hundred more deep - - and you COULD miss it by scrolling back.<BR><BR>and your name - - as a &quot;WORD&quot; (as opposed to as &quot;screen_name=&quot might NOT yet be indexed. they're keeping the indexing updates more frequent than they were before registration, but it's still not real time.<BR><BR>So, sometimes, this might be the only way to find your posts - - ti post something - - which then enables yoo to click on your name (since searching on &quot;screen_name=&quot; DOES appear to be instantaneously updated).<BR><BR>Of course, the people who need to know this the most - - are the newest, the least inexperienced - - who are the LEAST likely to have read this or understand how/why it works like this!<BR><BR>One option Fodors COULD adopt would be to offer a choice upon logging in - - &quot;do you want to go directly to a search of all of your previous posts?&quot;<BR><BR>Or even just a clickable &quot;tag&quot; at the top that says: &quot;Can't find your own previous posts? Click here&quot; - - and then it would require you to log in, and take you to your own retrievals.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 06:19 AM

You can't search immediately by word, it takes a few days for them to catalogue/index the posts for that function. It's not too far behind now (used to be forever), but still several days, I guess. <BR><BR>Julie's suggestion is the best for you, works great to find your own posts. Second choice would be to list all posts for the specific country you want, as that will limit them much more than scrolling through all of them.