Search

Can I fly from Nice to Seville?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I fly from Nice to Seville?

Hi crew,
Returned from the month long trip I had been planning with my partner to Italy around three months ago [I went ahead with the trip after being dumped by said partner 3 weeks prior to departure] and I am stricken with the desire to take control of my next trip. Feel somewhat guilty not having submitted my trip report but sadly, although, absolutely awe inspiring in so many ways, Italy is no place for the very recently broken-hearted! So it's a merciful ommission, believe me.

Needless to say the romantic shine was taken off my first European dalliance so I'm hoping to romance myself with an eclectic little ramble through Spain, France, Croatia and Austria. That said, I'm in Perth Australia and can get a rather decently priced flight via Emirates into Nice via Dubai in late May, though I can't secure a viable way to fly into Spain from Perth - there are no direct flights anyhow and the few legs available are weird and pricey.

I was thinking of resting in Nice for a couple of nights before hopefully flying into Southern Spain from there, where I'd like to spend a couple of weeks before winding my way up north on foot, bus and train, through the Pyrenees, Carcassonne and then northwards to Chamonix region - cable car over to Courmayeur, Turin to Venice and then hopefully down to southern Croatia, north to Ljubljana in Slovenia and finally conclude around Salburg in late July to take in a little Mozart. Phew!

This is all incredibly loose right now but what I'd love to know is...can I get from Nice to Spain on a plane? Sounds a bit Dr Zeuss I realise! I'd like not to have to backtrack lots of the journey ie: train from Nice to southern Spain etc. Cheers all! M
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 01:07 AM

Mel - The Nice airport website lists flights to Madrid or Barcellona. Can't see any direct flight to Seville ... unless there are some in the summer.

http://www.nice.aeroport.fr/vols_en/departs.asp

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 04:11 AM
ira

Hi AM,

Do you have to fly into Nice?
Do you have to fly to Seville?

There are cheap flights from Paris to several Spanish cities.

You could then train up the coast to Nice before going on to Italy, etc.

Old Jan 28th, 2006, 06:14 AM

You can check www.whichbudget.com to see if there is that connection (Nice-Seville), but it wouldn't surprise me a lot of there weren't. Madrid is the hub for a lot of flights within Spain, and ditto Paris for France. If getting to Nice is the best option for you from Dubai, you can certainly get to Seville on Air France by a flight Nice-Paris then Paris-Seville. Depending on your time availability, it is possible there might be some cheaper routes such as Nice-London, London-Seville or whatever. There are a lot of British flights to Spain because they like to holiday there, so I think there are various points in England with direct flights to Seville. The actual flight time difference probably isn't too much between may be Paris-Seville and London-Seville, etc. You'll have to work it out. I think the train would take too long from Nice all the way to Seville. If you can get a cheap flight Nice-Madrid, that might work best, as you could then take the high-speed AVE down to Seville and it's only a few hours (about 3, as I recall, maybe a bit less).
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks kindly all. Ira - my sentiments exactly. I've decided to fly in to Paris from Perth. Much more logical re cheapy flights into Spain plus preferable to Nice for a myriad of other reasons anyway!
Exciting. Think I'll go do a three nighter in Paris and then fly to Barcelona for a few also, before training to Seville. No back tracking this way really as I'll head north up over the Pyranees via Zaragoza etc.
Beauty! Cheers all..now I'm off to research hostels/hotels in Paris for the poverty stricken!