Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can anyone suggest a hotel in Latin Quarter or Marais? I need a twin where the beds are NOT pushed together.

Search

Can anyone suggest a hotel in Latin Quarter or Marais? I need a twin where the beds are NOT pushed together.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going with someone that snores. The way they push those beds together looks so annoying! I don't want to feel like I am sleeping with the person I am traveling with. I can handle the snoring but from about 2-3 feet away when beds have been separated a simple distance. I will be in this hotel for 5 nights.

Are you able to separate these beds typically. Can't tell by looking at photos if I am able to push apart. ITS DRIVING ME NUTS LOOKING!

Big obstacle is that I am looking for a budget hotel but may settle on moderate. Trying to show young friend the cheap way to do this sort of thing. Thing is I am feeling too old to do the sacrifice thing...will still try though. Can anyone suggest anything?
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:20 PM

In the 7th, not what you really asked for - just save it as a 'backup' - Hotel Eiffel Rive Gauche shows twins with a night stand between them...65-105€
http://www.parisby.com/eiffelrivegau...es/gallery.htm

Their own website shows a twin next to each other
http://www.hotel-eiffel.com/hotel_rg_home.htm

You'd have to be specific which one you needed.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:24 PM

Don't know which hotels you're looking at, but I stayed in "twins" and the beds were always separated by at least a couple of feet. These were 3* hotels.

If you're talking "budget" hotels, though, the room may not be big enough to separate the beds.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:43 PM

JeanneB, sorry but not true.
Just last January I stayed in quite a nice 3 star (the Delavigne) and the twin beds in our room had no space between at all.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:55 PM

Yes, trolling the photos in Parisby.com shows the vast majority as being 'situated' next to each other - however, that doesn't necessarily mean they can't be moved. The twins in Hotel de Turenne (7th) could be moved...
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:59 PM

I travel with friends quite frequently and the hotels always separate the beds for us. I doubt moving the beds apart a foot or two is going to make much of a difference if one or both of you snore. I travel with ear plugs.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:04 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
For me, traveling companion who snores = two single rooms or a 2 room apartment.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

Its really making me nuts!!!
Travel nut have you stayed in the 7th? What do you think. I am thinking it will be cold cold in November so a hotel I can pop back and forth to without a 2 mile hike might be nice.

I don't know Paris that well and I am also thinking trendy might work better because I am with a 21 year old. Others have suggested this area too. Marais.

Hi Elaine.

Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:12 PM

Sarah: Don't let this drive you nuts! Pick up the phone and call the hotels and tell them what you need! It's THAT simple!
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:13 PM

You may want to try a well-regarded 2* hotel in the 6th district called Michelet Odeon. I read that the rooms are a good size. You can also ask the hotel staff about the space that's between the beds. I'm sure all the hotels will let you know that information.

When I travelled with my relative I was concerned about the space between the beds if we were to share one room. I ended up booking two separate rooms for both of our privacy and comfort. But I do understand you want one room only.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

I am on it St.Cirq !

I guess I just want it to be perfect and for my price range, well I am kind of stuck.

Going with a former step child. Love being around her but I don't want to stress the time by almost sleeping in the same bed with. She thinks I am a big enough nerd as it is!

Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Janis She stays over all the time and i have a studio but there is some space between the beds. I think that is critical.

hi francofile and anyone else I forgot all of your advice is helpful.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 08:32 PM

Sarah, you're welcome. Here's the website for Michelet Odeon. They do say they have twin rooms, of course. I find their rates to be pretty reasonable for the area.

http://www.hotelmicheletodeon.com/English--prices.phtml
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 08:53 PM

Hotel du Lys in the 6th (very near Blvc. St. Michel) has twin beds that aren't pushed together if you say you want 2 beds. www.hoteldulys.com
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 08:57 PM

Sarah, I have a friend whose situation was similar to yours. She was traveling with a not so close friend, with whom she was not intimate. Thus, she wanted a room which had actually two beds a little apart from each oher, for she was uncomfortable if sleeping too close.

When she is in Paris with her husband, she stays at thre Caron de Beaumarchais, but on this trip, since her friend had also a low budget, like your SD, she opted dor the Grand Hotel Jeanne D'arc, which is cheaper and has larger rooms. Both hotels, the Caron and the Jeanne D'Arc, are in the Marais.

I suggest you to write to the hotel with your request, and check if they have this larger room available ( I guess that my friend booked the triple or quadruple room, with two double beds).

http://hotels.parishotels.com/hotel-...64&lang=en

Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 07:56 AM
ira

Hi sarah,

We always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th. About 124E for a twin bedded room w/bkfst.

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67

For more info, enter "Hotel Bonaparte" in the "search this forum" box.

Photos are at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&y=-l95uyr

Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 08:14 AM

We stayed two times in the 7th -once at the now-Mercure next door to the Hilton, and once at Turenne by Ecole Militaire. We liked the area ok but have moved on. I thought the immediate streets by the Turenne were safe at night but just not very interesting, with everything closed up and not much fun window-shopping. I'm very much 'over' rue Cler. I think there might be a lot of little stores along rue St Dominique but didn't get to go back and explore. There are a number of good restaurants in the 7th that have been recommended on this forum. And it's nice to walk about 5 minutes and see the Tour Eiffel rising in the distance.

St Cirq might have mentioned Hotel de France, which is sort of catty-corner by Invalides. That would have a possible advantage of being fairly near the Saxe-Breteuil market - I'm not sure about that. You can walk to Musee Rodin and the d'Orsay from these areas (and the Eiffel).
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 08:22 AM

Last week I stayed in Hotel du Lys but I had a single. I just wanted to say that it DOES have a great location and no elevator.
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry can't help with specific hotels, but as others have mentioned I think you should simply ASK the front desk if a room with two separated twin beds is possible (rather than try to figure it out from internet photos or anticipate moving around furniture yourself!). Surely this comes up quite often and is a normal hotel question.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

so funny they ignore this question if you email when its my only question.

I have been following up with a call though and not having success. Also running into no availability one month before travel. YIKES!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -