Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a website to download a printable city map for Glasgow & Edinburgh?

Search

Can anyone recommend a website to download a printable city map for Glasgow & Edinburgh?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Tim

Hello, everyone.<BR>I've been searching online to find a one-page map of Glasgow & Edinburgh that has most of the major streets on it and haven't had much luck. The closest thing I found was on Lonely Planet.<BR><BR>If anyone can recommend a site to check, that would be great.<BR><BR>Scotland in a week -- hooray!<BR><BR>

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 10:15 AM
ed

Have you tried www.viamichelin.com?

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 10:17 AM
ron

Check out www.mappy.com. Use the maxi print function.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 11:14 AM
test

test?

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Rex

Can't see the original question, nor any of the subsequent replies, but I'll add this about www.mappy.com - - you can paste them together PERFECTLY to make bigger maps with high detail, if you want to go to that much trouble.<BR><BR>I haven't tried this with maps from www.viamichelin.com - - but it doesn't work nearly so well with maps from www.mapquest.com<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:29 PM
test

test?<BR>

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 02:40 AM
Ruth

It's not exactly what you asked for, but<BR><BR>http://www.streetmap.co.uk/<BR><BR>is what I use all the time for city plans in the UK - you enter a place name, postcode, or even map reference, and get a street plan or smaller scale map of the area. Useful for finding your way to specific places, but probably too unwieldy to print out the whole of Glasgow and Edinburgh. <BR><BR>I think that not all of the UK is covered in the same detail, but I just checked Glasgow and that is fine. <BR><BR>Once you get there, there will be plenty of pocket maps for sale at railway stations, newsagents, etc.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:11 PM
test

test?