Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can anyone rec. a cheap, clean centrally located hotel or B&B in Florence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Maria

Two or three star is fine. We'll be there in the beginning of Nov.

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:05 AM
m

hotel casci, 2*, reasonable, convenientm clean as can be and run by a very friendly, helpful family.

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:18 AM
steph

Can not agree more with the suggestion. just stayed in the Hotel Casci in Florence for 5 days and they couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Great location, too.

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:20 AM
scurry

<BR>We stayed at the Hotel Nueva Italia -- it's nothing special to look at, but it is clean, friendly and relatively cheap. <BR> <BR>The best thing about it is the location. Very close to the train station and markets. <BR> <BR>Downside is no elevators.

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:26 AM
marge pacheco

Johanna I, looks good for 130,000 L www.johanna.it. If you can look at Lonely Planet book for Florence they list cheaper ones but no websites.

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Maria

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to check these out.

Old May 30th, 2001, 11:02 AM
xxx.xxx

Hotel Fenice Palace is centrally <BR>located and nice and clean, some <BR>rooms have views over the roof <BR>tops. Nice staff also.

Old May 30th, 2001, 07:08 PM
Mel

I stayed at the Fenice Palace a few years ago and it was fine. As "XXX" said, nice staff. ALso, nice rooms, great view, steps from the Duomo. The price included a very nice, substantial breakfast.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 11:47 PM
Carin

HOTEL CASCI!!

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 04:39 PM
Kathy

See my above posting. The bellitini (spelling??) its in Fodors with $* cost about 88.00 USD inc great bkfast. <BR>It maybe full when you want it though as we were there in Oct and I made booking in July and they were full the whole time. <BR>This was a real find nice room and pretty quiet-they have an annex across the street and we talked to 2 women that were there and they said the room was very big and it was same price.