Reload this Page >

Can anyone book a corporate rate?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:40 PM
lu

what I mean is, even though it's not a biz trip, can we use my husbands corporate AMEX card and get the corporate rate?<BR><BR>sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but this is the first year he's had one, so I need to know<BR><BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:42 PM
t

do you need, or want, to know?

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:44 PM
Wayne

Never hurts to ask. I've done that before in France, using my company's name to get a reduced rate. I don't know what they would have given me if I had just asked for their best rate without asking for corporate.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:49 PM
lu

I'm asking b/c I'm booking a hotel thru orbitz and is offering me two rates, corporate is 20bucks less a night.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:08 PM
x

Does your husband's corporation allows him to use their card for personal business???? There are a number of tax breaks, restrictions, etc. associated with the use agreements between corporations and card issuers organizations. You should check first with your husband's company. Who gets the official bill? Is this lodging going to be excluded when AmEx issues the summary count towards cost of doing business expenses incurred by the corporation?

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:17 PM
Lu

Yes. We are the one's that get the bill (though the card has his companies name on it) and he gets reimbursed for company expenses. We are allowed to use if for personal expenses, since we are the one's who pay the bill.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:34 PM
nmm

Does your hubby have a business card to show at the hotel? If so it should be no problem. Have fun!

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:56 PM
TJ

You can use it but typically can find just as good a rate on special deals, etc. The only time I find them useful is in a large city where your company has negotiated a specific discount. Even then, often find better deals on the web.