Search

Campo Dei Fiori

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 12:16 PM
amanda

Campo Dei Fiori

I'm interested in staying at the Campo Dei Fiori in Rome. Does anyone have an email address for the hotel?

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 12:55 PM
Renee

Hi Amanda, <BR> <BR>A good site for getting e-mail addresses in Italy, is www.vener.it I don't know if they have this hotel on there, but I've heard of the hotel, so they might. It's a good site, because you can also see pictures of the hotels and rooms. If it's not on there, then you can always send a fax to the hotel, and ask them for the e-mail address. I had to do that today for a couple of hotels in the North, and it worked fine. <BR>Good luck.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 02:01 PM
amanda

Amanda, think carefully before staying at this hotel. For a long time before my trip last summer I read many positive comments about it, so I made reservations and couldn't wait to stay there. We were really disappointed. First of all, there is no elevator and the stairs are really steep. That may not seem important to you at this point but believe me, when you show up with a family and suitcases and a husband with a heart condition, it will matter. They may very possibly put you on the 6th floor and you will have to climb those stairs several times a day. Also, the Campo dei Fiori area is very dirty and full of trash and graffiti. Worse, it is so loud at night because of all the restaurants in the square. The real clincher to me is that everyone raves about how central it is to everything. Well, yes, it's close to the Piazza Navona and a long walk to the Vatican and St. Peters. But it's a long way from any metro stations and the train station, Spanish steps, etc. Three years ago I stayed at the Margutta which I have said several times in this forum that leaves a bit to be desired, but I would heartily recommend it over the Campo dei Fiori because it's in a nicer area and closer to stuff you might want to do. Good luck. Contact me if you want further info. As of last summer they did not have e-mail but did communicate by fax.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 03:57 PM
Renee

I happen to agree with the latest e-mail about the area around Campo Dei Fiori. It's not as central as people make it out to be. <BR>I've read good things about Hotel Carriage, which is not far from the Spanish Steps. The fax is (06) 678-8279. Another really popular hotel, is the Scalinata di Spagna. This is right on top of the Spanish Steps. I've heard that you have to book months in advance. I know the small street that it's on, and it's a great location. Their fax number is: (06) 679-3006. <BR>My choice would be an area not far from the Spanish Steps, for best location.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 05:10 PM
Jodi

I also had a disappointing experience at this hotel. I was right on the street, which sounds ideal, but was so loud at night that unless you passed out form wine, you were kept up all night. We actually had to call the cops and by the time they finally arrive to ask the people to move on it was early morning and then the deliveries began. What a nightmare. The beds were uncomfortable and both our fans were broken. I found the location okay, but if you plan to stay here make sure to ask for a quiet room.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 06:13 PM
Lily B

I have never stayed at the hotel Campo De Fiori. I have, however, stayed in an apartment right on the square and I loved it. Yes, the square is noisy at night, but if you can get a room a few flights up and don't mind popping in some earplugs (or keeping the windows closed), it shouldn't be a problem. I thought the location was perfect for walks to the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, etc. <BR>Also, there's a wonderful open-air market in the Campo every morning where the Italians shop. Fresh bread, produce, cheeses, and meats and such a wonderful atmosphere.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 01:53 PM
Amanda

Thank you to all for your advice!!!