Reload this Page >

Calling Card suggestions

Search

Calling Card suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 06:30 PM
MIke

Calling Card suggestions

Anyone know of any good deals on calling cards to call the US when in france?<BR>Thanks.<BR>Mike

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Larry

Just get a France Telecom Telecarte (phone card). They're not too expensive and the go a long way, even on overseas calls. You can get them at any tabac shop or newsstand (and other places) and they work in an public phone, without having to dial a lot of extra numbers. And they make nice souvenirs when you used them up.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Eunice

Larry, can you tell me how much the calling card cost? I am wondering if I should bring my AT&T calling card when I go to France or just buy one (like you said) in Paris. Please advise. Thanks.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Traveler

Eunice:<BR><BR>DO NOT take your AT&T but opt for the France Telecom instead.<BR><BR>I took my AT&T card a while ago to Italy and was SHOCKED at how much my bill was. It seems like the only benefit was the convenience of using a card at a telephone, rather than feeding it with cash on the spot. I thought I was going to get great rates etc. Watch out if you decide to go the AT&T route!!!

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Larry

I bought one that had 50 units on it for ?7.50 (if i recall correctly). I didn't make many calls so I still have some units left but it's valid until 2004. Cards with more units (like 100) are also available if you plan to make a lot of calls.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 06:51 AM
kayd

With a France telecom card I purchased at a tabac for about $7, I made three calls (5-8 minutes each) to the US and a bunch of local calls. There was plenty of time remaining on it when I flew home. You insert the card into the pay phone, which reads a small chip and shows the time counting down on a display screen. Could not be easier (insert card, dial 001 then your US area code and number) or cheaper (compare to $20+ for a 20 minute call from Italy to US using MCI calling card related to my home phone service).

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 07:23 AM
vic noir

Get a net2phone.com card. 18008407438 International calls from France fr example were about 8cents/ minute.<BR> Bon Jour<BR> Vic Noir

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Susan

What about if you want to make a call from your hotel room? Do phones there, or in the hotel lobby, have a slot for this card? Thanks.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Sandy

Can you use the France phone card in Spain? If not, does Spain sell similar phone cards? Thanks for your responses