Cafe Filtre coffee maker

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 09:30 AM
Posts: n/a
Cafe Filtre coffee maker

While traveling in England and France, we really enjoyed having coffee made with a cafe filtre coffee maker. Usually they come with a glass coffee pot. However, twice we saw insulated stainless steel models that really helped to keep the coffee warm. Since returning to the states we have had no luck trying to find a place to buy one. Does anyone in England or France know an online site where we could find one? Thanks
Old Dec 5th, 2001, 01:52 AM
Posts: n/a
Hey Alan,<BR><BR>In Europe they're usually called cafetieres . . . in the States I've seen them called either cafetieres or press pots.<BR><BR>Get 'em from Peet's - the best coffee place in the Bay Area:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Or direct from Bodum US:<BR><BR> CM9L4B2PJBEU0<BR><BR>HTH, happy java steeping<BR>= ) T
Old Dec 5th, 2001, 02:35 AM
Posts: n/a
And Starbuck's may have them.
Old Dec 5th, 2001, 03:48 AM
Posts: n/a
Or even Target. They are now everywhere.
Old Dec 7th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Posts: n/a
I'll sell you mine. Got one for a wedding gift and have never used it.
Old Dec 7th, 2001, 07:43 PM
Posts: n/a
You can purchase a Nissan Thermal French Press for $49.95 from Green Mountain Coffee in Vermont. Their site is It's a l-liter stainless steel insulated press and I think it's what you're looking for. Or, depending on where you live, you might try looking for someone who carries the Nissan brand line and they might have it. Otherwise, Green Moutain is a very reliable company. They are coffee roasters, and I order all my coffee from them.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -