Cadaques or Girona

Search

Cadaques or Girona

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadaques or Girona

We will be in Cadaques and trying to decide whether to drive back to Barcelona or use public Transportation. If we drove we might stop at Girona. Wondering if it is best to spend more time in Cadaque or stop in Girona. I am thinking that Girona is a medieval city. Thoughts on Girona and what public transportation is like from eith Cadaques or Figurers. Thank you,
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 11:22 AM

We loved both Cadaques and Girona. We spent one night in Cadaques at Playa Sol, and two nights in Girona at Hotel Historic. At both places, we arrived in the early evening, around 7;30pm. so in Cadaques, we had one full day, and in Girona, we had one full day & the day we checked out of our hotel, we spent driving through Catalonia.

Don't remember if you've read my trip report yet but I do go into detail about what we did for sighseeing. One of our favorite places was Cadaques. But we also loved Girona. Briefly, in Cadaques, we visited Dali's house & drove to Cap de Creus to see the lighthouse & beautiful views. We drove by olive groves, rosemary & thyme to get to lighthouse. This was a favorite stop. We had lunch in Cadaques, & did a little bit of shopping & left there around 5:30PM.

In Girona, we toured the Gothic Cathedral, the art museum, & walked along the old wall. Also just explored the area, took photos, ate. There are Arab baths but they closed for the day before we could visit them.

We had a rental car. I know there is a train that goes from Girona to Barcelona, but in Cadaques, I believe you do need a car. Aren't you renting a car for this part of your trip? You'll be coming from Basque country, right?
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 11:25 AM

I meant to add that if you have the time, I suggest visiting both Cadaques and Girona.
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Yes, we will have a car but if easier we could drop it and take the train say from Figureres. So, when you say you left Caldaques at 5:30PM were you heading to Barcelona then. If so how long did it take to drive?
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 04:51 PM

When we left Cadaques at 5:30pm, we drove to Girona, where we stayed for 2 nights. It was 1 1/2 hour drive from Cadaques to Girona. I think it is about one hour from Girona to Barcelona.