Reload this Page >

Buying deodorant in Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:22 PM
Dougie

Is it possible to purchase deodorant in Europe? I've been told it's not available in any country except England.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:03 PM
xxx

Hahahahaha !!! <BR>Another troll.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:27 PM
Jimbo

That's right! No-one in Europe uses any form of personal hygiene products at all, except us ultra-clean Brits! Are you for real????!!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:01 AM
Charles

Aye, thats correct - theres no toothpaste to be found either so I suggest you find a lump of coal on the road side & rub your teeth with that...

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:50 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>You may be lucky.<BR><BR>A couple of countries have started experimenting with piped water to houses. I still believe it won't replace the donkey pulled water cart we so often see. <BR><BR>And electricity is spreading rapidly towards Paris.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:57 AM
traveller

You could ask the pup to take some deodorant when he walks from London to Paris.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:47 AM
pedro

Deodorant? What's that?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:59 AM
BTilke

Even though this is an obvious troll, here's a serious answer: deodorant is widely available. Buying an ANTI-PERSPIRANT (anti-transpirant in French) is another thing. When we first moved to Brussels, I couldn't find anti-perspirant in any of the places that sold deodorants. I finally went to a pharmacy to ask for it. I got a long lecture on how the chemicals in anti-perspirants are not good for you and that they shouldn't be worn every day. If I really wanted one, she would see me a cream anti-perspirant in a tube that I would apply every day for a week, then every other day for two weeks, and then stop using.<BR>However, things seemed to have changed. There are a few brands of anti-perspirant now for sale in the various grocery stores and "drogueries" (which don't sell drugs). But the selection is nothing like the U.S. or U.K. One brand of anti-perspirant also is running some clever ads on Dutch and Belgian TV.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:09 AM
Tony Hughes

I actually dfound the opposite problem; I couldn't find a decent deoderant in USA. I use the Lynx/Axe stuff and have great difficulty in finding a substitute.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:17 AM
lol

And did you know that although you cannot buy deodorant in Europe, you CAN purchase underWARE-even for pups.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:18 AM
elvira

Tony, we sell that brand under "Lysol Deodorizing Spray". You'll be amazed by the results.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:19 AM
Tony Hughes

Marna is that a joke or are you serious? I've never seen it in the (american) shops.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:26 AM
elvira

It's a joke, dollface. The product is for disinfecting countertops and toilets.<BR><BR>This Lizzie Borden Axe stuff, what are the ingredients? It might contain something that's not allowed by our Food and Drug Administration, or maybe found only in certain brands.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:31 AM
TatesMom

the Pup just baths regularly and uses a little something scented in his bath water.<BR>although I must say,his breath could use a little Lysol sometimes

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:01 AM
American

I must say that summertime on the metro in Paris is a little rough.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:30 AM
Expat

Summer on the Tube ain't no picnic either!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:07 AM
xxx

... Not to speak about the NYC subway either!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:24 AM
American

Hey, the New York metro is spotless. hahahhahhahaha

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:25 AM
DDD

The pup could carry a supply of deodorant in his backpack for those that need it.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:52 AM
Uncle Sam

If the pup is arriving in Paris in the summer, he will need to carry an awfully large backpack, containing an awfully large supply of deodorant for an awfully large number of people!<BR><BR>US