Buy a musem pass in America?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was sent an e-mail from Euroquestpass.com. They claimed it would be a lot less hastle for me to get a museum pass before I leave my home and buy one from them. I was wondering if it would really save me time and possibly money. And also is Euroquestpass.com reliable, has anyone heard of them? Thanks
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 06:50 AM

I assume you mean a Paris museum pass. IF so, don't bother getting one in advance. It is easilky and readily available once there at all the museums and monuments included on the pass, as well as at metro stations and elsewhere.
And besides, it'll cost you more money buying it in advance.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 09:32 AM

Some things I like to order in advance, it's one less thing on my list when I get there. The Paris museum pass isn't one of those. It is easy to buy at any participating small museum, even one you don't really care to visit. Just find one close to your hotel or on your way to somewhere else, and stop in and buy one. Some metro stations and some hotel front desks also sell them.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 09:43 AM

www.intermusees.com/

This is the official site for the Paris museum pass. There is absolutely no reason to buy it until you arrive.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 10:46 AM

In fact you can buy it at the Metro station--and witha credit card. It will cost you 30% more in advance.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 11:23 AM

And you can buy the Carte Musees at the Tourist office on the Champs-Elysees, about a half a block down from the Arc de Triomphe. The Tourist Office also has lots of other info about things that are currently going on.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 11:46 AM

Hi skylark
We always get our museum pass from a travel agent in Texas We live in NYC..he just mails it to us. I think it is less hassle, at least, less to think about once you get there.
Have a lovely time!
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 08:46 PM

hi skylark,

I have been to london twice now, and to paris 3 times. Your post doesn't really say which city, but I am assuming from all the other posts you are talking about paris and the carte musee.

The following has been tried and true for me:

1)london-purchase the metro pass online before you go. less trouble because of the photo card and it is about the same price as in london if you use the following site www.ticket-on-line.com (thanks to anon). the museum pass in Great Britain is not really worth it if you are only doing london. if you are going all around the UK is it a godsend. it is about the same price online as in london.

2)paris-the exact opposite of london. both the paris visite (the tube pass) and the carte musee(museum pass) are cheaper and very convienent to purchase in paris. both can be found at any major metro station and for about 30% less than you would pay online. Our 1st trip we paid out the kazoo before the trip, then on the next two trips we waited and got both in paris.

the poster above mentioned the main tourist office on the champs-elysee. I have a recommendation for anyone visiting paris.....go by this tourist office on your 1st morning and pick up your carte musee....why because they will know if the museums are having a strike and you do not want to purchase the museum pass if that is happening. paris museums are well known to strike at the drop of a hat. our second year, we did not do this and we wasted the cost of that pass. we bought a 3 day and got to use it only one day. and one of the main metro stations is right across the street (george v) where you can get your paris visite.

also, by visiting the main tourist office, you can get info on so much..it was worth the stop.