Reload this Page >

New 4* Hotel in Paris

Search

New 4* Hotel in Paris

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2001, 11:30 AM
BTilke

New 4* Hotel in Paris

For the past two years, I've been checking out the progress on a new hotel slowly going up across the street from the Luxembourg Gardens. I walked by today and it's now open!! They are doing the final finishing touches, but it looks great. It is one of the few hotels with a direct view of the gardens. I believe it will quickly become one of the hottest boutique hotels in Paris. <BR>The hotel is called Hotel Luxembourg Parc. The address is 42, rue de Vaugirard (many years ago it was the site of a small 2-star hotel, the Grand Hotel des Principautes Unis). The decor is updated traditional. Prices range from $140 single to $270 for the largest double with balcony (most doubles rooms are in the $175-$200 range). There also is a suite for $370 a night. <BR>Their phone number is 33 (0) 1 53 10 36 50. Fax is 33 (0) 1 53 10 36 56. <BR>They will have a web site soon. They have an address, but nothing is on it at this point. <BR>Remember, Fodorites (and Fodors editors!) who told you about this new find FIRST &lt;g&gt;... <BR>BTilke

Old May 15th, 2001, 03:09 PM
Lisa

Thanks B,. what arrondissement is it in? <BR>Would you happen to know how if any of the suites sleep 4 (a family)?

Old May 15th, 2001, 03:22 PM
BTilke

The hotel is in the 6th arrond. Nearest metro stops would be Luxembourg (actually an RER stop), Odeon, St. Sulpice, maybe Cluny-La Sorbonne, depending on where you plan to go and which line would be more convenient. As to whether the suite (I think there's only one) would hold a family, I don't know. But for about the same rate, you could get adjoining doubles, which might give you all a little more privacy (and an extra bathroom!). <BR>BTilke

Old May 15th, 2001, 04:28 PM
e

BTilke--- I just called them and I think I've got a reservation for June19-21. They will confirm via fax tomorrow. They quoted 1450fr for a double. Tell me more about the neighborhood and any thing else that seems relevant. Thank you.

Old May 15th, 2001, 10:58 PM
Ursula

Rue de Vaugirard is the longest street in Paris. <BR>The low numbers start in the heart of the 6th arr. at Blvd. St. Michel close to the Odeon Theatre and end in somewhere in the 15th close to Palais des Expositions. <BR>The hotel's neighbourhood is very great. A lot of nice places to eat, Luxembourg Gardens, a lot of great small shops, a lot one can walk to. <BR>To the previous poster: Do some search on this board for suggestions in the 6th. You'll find a lot.

Old May 15th, 2001, 11:05 PM
BTilke

The Luxembourg Gardens area is in the 6th and near all the action, but slightly removed from the noise and bustle of the Latin Quarter and St. Germain des Pres areas. The gardens are beautiful; Life Magazine once called them the "living room of Paris" because they are one of the favorite spots for Parisians themselves (as well as tourists). There are several cafes and restaurants nearby. I think you will enjoy it very much (Au Petite Suisse, for example). You will be a short walk from the Boulevard St. Michel, the Blvd. Saint Germain, St. Sulpice, etc. I actually lived next door to the hotel when I was a student in Paris and I found the neighborhood a very pleasant place to stay. <BR>Sounds like you have one of the better doubles. I hope it has a garden view. Let us know what you think of the hotel when you get back! <BR>BTilke

Old May 15th, 2001, 11:08 PM
Ursula

PS: The hotel's name is: <BR>"Luxembourg Parc". <BR> <BR>When going to <BR>www.pagesjaunes.fr <BR> <BR>type in 42, Rue de Vaugirard <BR>Paris and 75 for the department <BR> <BR>You can see either the location or two pictures showing the building (under construction/renovation though). Hopefully, the will change them when finished.

Old May 15th, 2001, 11:13 PM
Ursula

BTilke: Sorry, I overlooked that you had mentioned the hotel's name in your first post. <BR>Do you happen to know "Chez Diane" which is right opposite the hotel, Rue Servandoni?

Old Jul 9th, 2003, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topping for Stever