Buses in Italy

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 12:40 PM
Rachel

Buses in Italy

Does anyone know some Internet sites that show schedules/fares of buses in Italy? I will be there in Jan/Feb and want to research the option of bus trips instead of trains. Thanks!

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 12:43 PM
elaine

Hi,
I have a couple of bus websites for specific locations (like Siena) in Italy, but the following may have more general information
www.budgettravel.com/eurotran.htm/

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 08:32 AM
Paulo

I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific, Rachel. There's no general bus travel site in Italy that I know of.

Where are you basing youself? Which bus trips are you sure you'll wanna make?

Paulo

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 09:32 AM
elaine

Hi
I found these. I have not followed all the links to the end, so I don't know how truly useful these will be. If you use any of them, let us know please.
www.annells.demon.co.uk/main/busita.htm links to websites on Italian bus services
www.tiac.net/users/pendini/bus.html bus service, Florence airport-train station, & to Siena www.turismoverde.com/english/enhome.htm bus service Siena
http://150.217.9.3/ie/citybus.htm bus service in selected cities in Italy

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 07:08 AM
Rachel

Bus trips i know I want to make - for instance - are from Abruzzo to Venice or Venice to Milan....

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 05:43 AM
Paulo

Rachel, there are relatively few long haul bus connections in Italy. On the other hand, bus connections are pretty good within a specific region.

In your case, you wouldn'd have any problems finding bus connections between L'Aquila and Pescara or other cities in the Abruzzi. I would be very surprised if there's a bus from L'Aquila, say, to Venice. Most likely, you'd find connections from L'Aquila to Rome and to Milan. I would also be very surprised if there's a bus connection between Venice and Milan. The train connection is just too good and the bus company would be out of business in no time . On the other hand, there appears to be a bus service between Milan and Vicenza (maybe because the train connection is not as good).

You may wish to give a look at the site
http://server.jesi.nettuno.it/script...eltaarrivo.asp

By no means it appears to be complete and I wouldn't be surprised if connections it lists as effective, indeed don't exist ... use it at your own risk

Paulo

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 01:25 PM
xxx

Please bring this to Elvira's attention.