Search

Bus to siena

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 10:40 AM
gina

Bus to siena

We will be in Florence this January for a few days and are planning a day trip to Siena. We are taking the bus since this would bring you right into town. Do we have to make reservations for the busses or can we just show up the day of departure and buy them there? We are also going to Pisa on a different day and would be taking the train. Do we need earlier reservations for the train to Pisa from Florence? Thanks for any help.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 11:24 AM
anthony

Gina: don't know about Siena bus reservations, however, I was just in Pisa (9/13) and took the train to Florence. No advance reservations needed. Trains left about every hour. September being peak season in Italy, I would think that January would be even less crowded. The train from Pisa to Florence was only 5 Euros. (The taxi from hotel to train station was 7 Euros) You just have to love the Italians and their trains. Also, since you are going to Pisa, you can book tickets in advance for climb to top of Leaning Tower. Well worth the effort to climb. It is amazing site. If you don't book in advance it is first come first serve. They only allow 30 people up each hour. I did not book in advance but was still able to get.in. Again, you going in january, I doubt you will have any problem. Have fun.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Lesli

Gina -<BR><BR>It is not necessary to make a reservation in advance for the bus to Siena. I have done just what you mention; showed up and bought my ticket about 20 minutes prior to departure time. I'd imagine that in January, you'll have little problem with crowds.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Marilyn

You don't need to make a reservation. I believe there are buses on the hour all day, most days (that does not count holidays or Sundays). The bus station is close to the train station. The buses are very convenient, and in some cases because of the schedules and nonstop schedules can be faster. M.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Walter

Gina: Go to www.google.com and type-in sita florence siena<BR>SITA is the bus company. It will bring-up alot of info, schedules, trip reports, etc.<BR> Also try sita firenze siena which will probably bring-up mostly Italian pages but just click-on "Translate this page", not accurate but it usually gives you the gist of what was written. Regards, Walter

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 03:48 PM
ttt

up<BR>

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:06 PM
gina

Thanks everyone for all the information!