Bus on a Sunday

Old Nov 26th, 2020, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bus on a Sunday

I am having difficulty getting a bus from Leon to Sarria ON A SUNDAY. I tried Alsa and another company but it came back as UNAVAILABLE.

Can anyone give me advice on how to traverse this route on a Sunday by bus please? I have already made fairly firm plans and am loathe to make adjustments.

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 11:09 PM

Well, after a quick local search, León and Sarria (which are in different regions) do not have a direct link (there´s no logical reason to offer a direct bus service between these two places). The standard weekdays route implies two buses, first to Piedrafita de Cebreiros and then the only one to Sarria, in a 4.5h itinerary. Small towns, highly unpopulated area, very high mountains in the area. It seems there´s no service on this route on Sundays, most likely as there´d be no demand on that day.
Old Nov 27th, 2020, 06:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is not unusual for bus service to largely or completely disappear on Sundays in Europe. Sometimes on Saturday afternoon as well. I try to avoid traveling on a Sunday. It appears that you can do the trip by train, with one change, but there is only one option on Sunday, and bahn.com and renfe.com disagree about the timing. The timetables are about to change, so the situation may be different when you travel.
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. We have had to make a few changes to our itinerary accommodate this and will now turn in a rental car in Lugo to solve the problem.
Cheers