Reload this Page >

bus from Florence to Siena & ...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Dennis

I am interested in taking a day trip from Florence to Siena and San Gimignano using local buses (not a tour). Do buses run frequently enough to make this practical? Is there a website where I can view bus schedules? Roughly, how much would the trip cost? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Pat

Take a Sita bus from their depot near the train station. They run a local and a direct each hour. We took the trip in March. enjoy

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:44 AM
Steve James

Hello Dennis,<BR><BR>Yes it's quite viable. There are direct buses Florence-Siena (take the 'Rapida' - 75 mins) and Siena-San Gimignano (1hour).<BR><BR>San Gimignano-Florence (or vice-versa) will involve a change of bus at POGGIBONSI as I am not aware of a DIRECT service between the two.<BR><BR>All the timetables you need are on:<BR>www.turismoverde.com<BR>www.comune.poggibon si.siena.it/citta/giro2<BR>www.sienaweb.it/territorio/trasporti/rapida.htm<BR><BR>Services are less frequent on Sundays.<BR><BR>Let me know if I can be of more help ...<BR><BR>Steve<BR><BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:46 AM
sam

Do-able as a day tour using local transport. Defer to Steve's expertise on the bus service. IF you did want to go via a tour, then consider a company called Caftours -- seen thumbs up feedback on this forum about their Florence to Siena & San Gimmy day trip.<BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Marilyn

We've taken the Tra-in buses from Siena to Florence and back again. Their schedule has worked well. I think there are hourly buses from Florence to Siena. Marilyn

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 05:52 PM
mark

Thanks. My wife and I will be there at end of May and have the exact same question. Now answered!