Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Bus connection from Como (S. Giovanni) train station?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2010, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is awfully specific, but does anyone know whether there is a bus stop at the Como S. Giovanni train station? And if so, whether the C10 bus (that goes north to Colico) stops there? I've found a few notes on other websites that seem to suggest the C10 bus stops at this train station, but I am really struggling with trying to find any evidence of this on the bus company's own website (I am looking at the http://www.asfautolinee.it/en/Home/t...6/Default.aspx website for bus schedules). I've also found posts here about needing to walk 1 km from S. Giovanni to catch a ferry, but nothing about the bus . . . Thanks.
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 07:38 PM

Googlemaps shows that the bus route begins at the bus station near the train station Como Nord Lago (which is close to the ferry port), goes to Como San Giovanni, and then travels north along the west side of the lake.
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 07:58 PM

You have the correct site and clicking on Extraurban lines you see route C10 as follows -
http://www.asfautolinee.it/LinkClick...language=en-US
The second stop is at the San Giovanni train station as Stazione FS means Ferrovie dello Stato (the Como Lago station is served by the Ferrovie Nord Milano network).

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I tried googling but for some reason that info did not come up. And I saw the Stazione FS listed on the C10 schedule but did not know it meant the San Giovanni train station. Great news that we do not have to walk 1 km with our luggage!