Burgundy itinerary

Apr 25th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Burgundy itinerary

Less than three weeks 'til dh and I leave for France. We are spending a week in both Paris and Beaune and would love some must-see ideas for Beaune area. Thinking of very casual Sat evening at Bistro Bouguignon featuring jazz and hanging with locals. Sunday evening La Bouzerotte near Beaune.
Monday lunch and large tasting at Olivier Leflaive (hope there are taxis to cart us home!)
Tuesday evening - Ma Cuisine - thanks NYT for reviewing it yesterday assuring that I will probably not get a reservation!
Wedns - 2pm tasting Alex Gambal
Thursday evening - La Ciboulette
Friday no dinner plans - would love ideas

Note that we will be staying in on Monday and Wedns nights after our tastings! We have rented a lovely gite that beckons anyway. But there are days where we could tour the countryside.

Will look forward to suggestions or critique of selections.
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
RJD

Save some time for wandering around Beaune. A great walkable place with many lovely squares and stopping places. And a visit to the Hospice while it may sound rather touristy is fun. Stop in the Kitchen for the show.

And you might enjoy the wine tour of Chateau Montrachet just south of town. Just be prepared for the sales pitch.
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:23 PM

A couple of sites to do some research. www.burgundy-tourism.com www.burgundyeye.com
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Thank you RJD! A show in the kitchen of the Hospice?

Thanks for the tip on Chateau Montrachet (the one in Chassagne?) Do you favor that over Olivier leflaive? Or both?
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:52 PM
RJD

The Kitchen show covers how the nuns prepared meals in that medieval kitchen for hundreds of years until the early twentieth century.
I believe this is the chateau: :http://www.concierge.com/travelguide.../hotels/502756
But I last visited it in 2003 so my information is out of date it seems.
Apr 28th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your advice. We are very excited. And le jardin des-remparts promptly confirmed our online request for a reservation for our last night in Burgundy! (More restaurants need to have online access to reserving tables)
Apr 29th, 2011, 12:41 PM

yes,olivier leflaive is best
however,i concentrate on 3 white village wines and 3 white premiers crus (meursault,puligny and chassagne)during the tasting lunch
they also have a grand cru=batard montrachet also by the glass
you are in white/chardonnay country
concentrate on these
the "equivalent" for the reds id the tasting lunch at domaine sénard in aloxe corton
Apr 29th, 2011, 12:42 PM

yes,olivier leflaive is best
however,i concentrate on 3 white village wines and 3 white premiers crus (meursault,puligny and chassagne)during the tasting lunch
they also have a grand cru=batard montrachet also by the glass
you are in white/chardonnay country
concentrate on these
the "equivalent" for the reds id the tasting lunch at domaine sénard in aloxe corton