Reload this Page >

Bulkhead seating

Search

Bulkhead seating

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Chuck

Bulkhead seating

Anyone have any tips for getting bulkhead or emergency exit row seats on airplanes?

Old May 8th, 2002, 01:46 PM
x

Ask.

Old May 8th, 2002, 02:53 PM
ok

As a sometimes business traveler I know you have to get to the airport EARLY for this. I don't think airlines will let you reserve Emergency in advance (I have tried). With Emergencey row, I think they need a visual to see if you can physically open the door, etc. For bulkhead, sometimes you'll get lucky when you check in and ask nicely, but I think the frequent mileage customers are always given first choice on these (I think the airlines keep them open till the last minute for them).

Old May 8th, 2002, 03:24 PM
T

Living in Atlanta I usually fly Delata and now the only way to get bulkhead reserved in advance is to be a medallion memeber (they automatically hold the first couple of rows). Otherwise get to the airport early and ask nicely for the bulkhead or emergency row.

Old May 8th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Wendy

If you are particularly tall some airlines see it as a need and will give that to you.<BR><BR>Also on Delta's website you can pick you seat in advance and it shows where those are.

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:29 PM
CGF

I travel extensively mostly for business on Northwest Airlines. They will give emergency/bulkhead seats to their Elite members first. Elite members can reserve either type of seat prior to departure. To become an Elite member you must fly a minimum of 25,000 (silver) air mi. in a calender year 50,000 mi.(gold) 75,000 mi.(platinum)<BR>This is also why you see so many passengers flying in first class. The airlines award complimentary upgrades to first class for being a loyal customer.

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:31 PM
richardab

United Airlines also gives first priority to their members with high status.