Bulkhead on A340-300

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 06:21 AM
Vanessa

Bulkhead on A340-300

Have recently been assigned bulkhead seats (30 K&J) on an A340-300 for a trip from Atlanta to CDG. Can someone give me some feedback on these specific seats. Have read good and bad comments on this sight about bulkhead seats in general but wonder about this aircraft particularly. We are flying Air France if that matters. Also, does the A340 have the individual TV screens or a big on in the middle of the aircraft. We are assigned a window seat but have also read that you don't actually get a window in the bulkhead area. Any comments?

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 08:53 PM
Vanessa

I am sending this back to the top in hopes of a quick reply to these questions. I can still change to another window seat if this is miserable/windowless. Thanks!

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 03:29 PM
Sam

If you are flying from the East coast as I do, you will most likely be leaving at dusk and arriving in the morning at CDG. You may get a little "window" time but for the most part, it will be black and only the ocean which you will not be able to make out. My suggestion is get a aisle seat, take a valium, drink two beers and stretch you legs in aisle. Just watch the for the food cart for it does hurt when your feet are run over.

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 04:06 PM
Glenn

Vanessa, my original message never took.
If I remember correctly, IMHO these are the best seats in coach. They are on the side but there is a door in front of you. That gives you all the room you need to strech out. I being 6'4' value such a seat as this. I was fortunate enough to have it once on a flight to Germany. I believe that there is a window by that seat.

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 09:30 PM
Vanessa

Thanks fellas!! I have also talked to the airline and they person I spoke to also assured me that these seats also recline!! My husband is 6'3" so I know he'll appreciate the added room.

Vanessa