Reload this Page >

Budget hotels for family in Venice and Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2000, 01:00 PM
Judith Allen

Our family of four is looking for a budget hotel (two star) hotel in both Venice and Rome for late March. Any ideas? I've read about hotel Italia, Leale, Planet, Robinson, and Rubino in Rome. Has anyone stayed in one of these? I'll appreciate any advice. Judy

Old Jan 5th, 2000, 03:42 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Judith <BR>Have not stayed at any of the hotels <BR>which you listed, however would suggest <BR>you surf into the following for hotels <BR>in both Rome and Venice. <BR>www.enit.it/eng/-dbase2,ipzs.it/ <BR>www.veniceinfo.it/(has location maps) <BR>www.venere.it/ <BR>You do have to be careful with hotels <BR>as to be aware of their locations, if <BR>you need any help in locating your <BR>hotels drop me a line and will find.. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, Il.... <BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 12:55 AM
Lindsay

Hi Judith, <BR>My husband & 2 children (8 & 11) stayed in a 1 star hotel in Venice which was spotlessly clean, in a family room with our own bathroom/toilet. As we arrived by train it was very convenient just off the Grand Canal as you leave the station.It was the Hotel Santa Lucia, Cannaregio 358-30121,ph. 041 715180. We were here in May'99 and found the location very good for wandering around Venice or catching vaporettos.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 02:24 PM
Judith Allen

Thank you, Lindsay, for that recommendation. I'll definitly look into that. How long did you stay in Venice? What were the highlights for you children? Thanks for the suggestion! Judith

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 04:24 PM
Mike Miller

We stayed in the Hotel Italia in Oct 99. Great service, great breakfast and an all around good location. There is a new annex to the hotel which we stayed in. This is the only part of the hotel that has air conditioning. If you're going in the hot months, be sure to ask to stay in the annex. Both sites have elevators. If you need any further info, please email me.