Airfare Suggestion

Jan 7th, 2000, 08:42 AM
Joe

Airfare Suggestion

Anyone have any suggestions for cheap airfare (i.e. consolidators, etc.) to Ireland in April from Boston? Can't seem to find anything for less than $625.

Thanks!

Jan 7th, 2000, 09:39 AM
Rex

I find $451.60 BOS-LGW for Apr 4-13

check after the 10th how much to get from LON to Dublin on RyanAir.

Consolidators, may indeed be a better bet.

And btw... what's up with this new "Express Search" option on Travelocity - - touting a specific airline (never seemks to be the best buy) over all the others! May get a boycott from me soon!

Jan 7th, 2000, 11:12 AM
Beth

Rex, check out a new airline search engine at www.itasoftware.com. They only do domestic at the moment, but it's vastly superior to expedia and travelocity. This is not an ad, I have no connection with ITA software. I just happened upon it, after reading an article in the Washington Post, and I can't help thinking, that this is the way fare searches OUGHT to be done. Thought some of you folks might be interested.

Jan 7th, 2000, 11:23 AM
Cathy

Joe have you checked with Aer Lingus ? They are doing special deals for 2 for the price of 1 at the moment from ireland to the States. Otherwise Delta or United.

Jan 7th, 2000, 08:25 PM
bb

Ditto the message above for the www.itasoftware.com site. (I have no connection either) It's a beta version, but I've had no problems with it. Does searches only; you can't purchase a ticket at the site, and international capability should be added soon. Very straightforward. No need to use Travelocity or Expedia or any of the others again.

Search this Thread