BUDAPEST, HUNGARY - TWO QUESTIONS

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 11:05 AM
Judy

BUDAPEST, HUNGARY - TWO QUESTIONS

Recommendations for a good hotel.

Is there enough to do in Budapest for five days after Xmas?

Thans for the help.

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 11:46 AM
Art

Hi Judy, I spent 7 1/2 days in Budapest last year and it is one of my favorite cities in Europe. I could have easily spent another few days. The national museum is wonderful and you could easily spend 2 days there alone. The is a publication written by Dr Walter Fleps (I stayed in his home) that contains 12 walks in Budapest. This could keep you busy for quite a while. If you have ever read "The cry and the Covenant" Dr Ignazics(sp) Semmelweise was born in Budapest on the Buda side and his birth home is now a small museum. The parliament building is the largest on the European continent. Go up to the Citadel both during the day and the evening for spectacular views of the city. There are also day trips that you can take out of the city. Get a mineral bath and a massage while you are there. If you are interested in the 12 walks, email me and I'll send the ISBN number to you. I don't have it with me at this moment.
Have a great trip
Art

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 09:31 PM
Rebecca

hi judy,
i have never stayed in a hotel in budapest but i have seen the Danubius Hotel Gellert and it is quite impressive looking and it shares the location of the Gellert Spas. it is a 4 star hotel on the bank of the Danube at the foot of the Gellert Hill - you can check out their website at http://www.danubiusgroup.com/danubius/gellert.html
if you want more info about them - hope it helps, and have a good trip!
~Rebecca

Old Oct 16th, 2000, 12:56 PM
Linda

We stayed with the Fleps as well and enjoyed it very much. Their home is on the hillside & you have a great view of the city from the terrace adjoining your bedroom. You get a private bath & bedroom & Mrs. Fleps' very good breakfast for about $40/night for 2. You take a bus to the metro & 3 stops you are downtown so easy access. Their address is Bogar utca 20b, 1022 Budapest, Hungary. The phone number is 011-361-340-1108.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 06:20 AM
Gabor Rubin

I just recommend good hotels too.
You might find these on
www.hb.hu
Have a nice trip in Budapest
Gabor

Old Dec 6th, 2000, 11:02 AM
Joe

We stayed in a great little refurbished Inn on the Buda Side, straight down the hill from The Castle. It is called Astra Vendeghaz; two level around a court; large, beautifully decorated rooms in an old world style; friendly, helpful staff; very well appointed with all conveniences. It is an easy walk to the Chain Bridge and the Pest side. About $100 per night. Book early. It is much in demand.

Old Dec 16th, 2000, 07:53 AM
Simon

I am just back from Budapest. I stayed at Hotel Liget, which is very central but rather noisy at night. If you keep the windows closed at night, then its okay. I like to keep them ajar, and could not sleep with the traffic.
But just outside the hotel is a metro station through which you can go anywhere in Budapest through fast connections.
The breakfast was the best I have had for years.
So I strongly recommend it, or its sister Hotel Taverna (much more expensive). Website is www.liget.hu

Old Dec 16th, 2000, 12:06 PM
Don and Linda

Hi Judy,

Last May we visited Budapest for the second time. The first time we stayed at the Hotel Taverna (Pest side), which was well-located. At that time, we were able to stay a few nights and get another one free but the exact details escape me.

Our more recent trip, last May, is documented on our web site. You can go directly to the Budapest write-up by typing this URL into your browser:
http://www.thetravelzine.com/ejht8.htm#BUDAPEST

Have a great trip.
Don and Linda

TheTravelzine.com is non-commercial