Search

Budapest Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2016, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Budapest Hotels

Hi, my husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Budapest next year. Though I'm just starting my research I'd like to know of some good hotels for our stay between $100-$200.
Old Oct 23rd, 2016, 07:42 PM

Try the Hilton in the Castle District, Buda. They often have sales.
Old Oct 23rd, 2016, 10:12 PM

i'm like a broken record... i've recommended the Hotel Victoria to lots of people. It's reasonable, comfy, has spectacular views (in all the rooms, i think) of the river and parliament building, and a handy tram runs in front. it's on the Buda side. I recommend without hesitation.
Old Oct 24th, 2016, 07:27 PM

We loved the Hotel Corinthia. And for the rate you are willing to pay you can get an Executive King room which includes:

"Guests are given free access to our fabulous Royal Spa and complimentary use of the Executive Lounge, which features private check-in and check-out with welcome drink, a comprehensive library, business centre facilities, a boardroom, a television room and a selection of snacks and canapés served every day."

Wi-fi comes with the room, too.

http://www.corinthia.com/en/hotels/b...executive-king

We loved having access to the lounge. They will make you capuccinos and espressos for breakfast - or really any time. I overheard one lady request eggs for breakfast, cooked to order. The pool & spa are awesome - so beautiful. The restaurant downstairs is very good, but try to get a reservation at Bock Bistro next door, it's a "Can't Miss" place, for sure! The concierges are wonderful and will help with any arrangements you need.
Old Oct 25th, 2016, 07:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you'll find many prices are very date dependant.
Old Oct 25th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

Loved Hotel Victoria. Didn't know people considered 450 euros per night "reasonable". Maybe you told too many people and they raised the rates. But thanks everyone.
Old Oct 25th, 2016, 06:30 PM

soods... you may have looked at the wrong one... it's more specifically Boutique Hotel Victoria... i am seeing at their own web site between 79 and 140 euro a night for this month's calendar.. most nights closer to 79E. that's for full river view room.. but not sure it includes breakfast.

http://www.victoria.hu/?_ga=1.239984...179.1477208998

hope that helps. k.
Old Oct 27th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kawh- went thru your link. Took me to the same website I was on with the same prices. Wondering why they would raise the price so drastically for next September. Maybe busiest time? Wondering if it will come down in price if I wait a little longer? I appreciate your help anyway!
Old Oct 27th, 2016, 07:53 AM

We absolutely LOVED Kapital Inn. It's a small guest house on the upper floors of an (historic) apartment building. It is in a residential neighborhood on the Pest side, very near City Park and the baths, as opposed to the more touristy area near the river or castle where most hotels are.

We could walk everywhere, and the metro was nearby if we were tired. There are also great restaurants in the area, and it's close to the opera house and House of Terror museum. The host and his partner are wonderful and make the best omelets in the morning. There is also a small kitchen area for guest use and an outdoor seating area, which was very peaceful to sit and have a glass of wine after a long day of sight-seeing. The rooms are modern and comfortable, although there was not a lot of space to hang clothes in our room (other rooms may be different), although it was adequate.

The only negative is it's a walk-up (4 floors), so if you have limitation there, it could be problematic.

It also is well within your budget.