Budapest Hotel

Jun 9th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Budapest Hotel

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Budapest that is convenient to the pier from which the Uniworld River Cruises depart.
Jun 14th, 2003, 12:05 PM

Hi Annie:

No posting on this one yet, so I thought I'd add my 2?, as we stayed on the Buda side of the river when we were there.

I'm note sure which pier Uniworld River Cruises does use but its likely the 'ferry dock' or the 'international' one (both within a mile of each other near downtown Pest).

The 'ferry dock' pier is within a hundred yards or so from the Hyatt, Marriott, & Intercontinental so even if its the 'international' one its not that far away.

And both the Hyatt & Intercontinental web sites show e-mail addresses specifically for the Budapest hotels, so you may want to drop them a note asking for their proximity to the pier.

Hope this helps,

Z
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:05 AM

Cheaper options and walking distance are the 'City Hotel Matyas' - 3star hotel, or a small pension called 'Kalvin House'. You can find them on the net if you search in google.com
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Bootman4U

Stay at the Hilton on the other side of the river, get a better river view than the others while you're there, and then treat yourself to a taxi to the boat dock.

Jun 27th, 2003, 09:56 AM

We stayed at the Intercontinental in Budapest. Although it's a large hotel, we found the service to be surprisingly personal.It was worth some extra money for the room with the view of the Danube, Chain Bridge, and Castle Hill.
Jun 28th, 2003, 09:48 AM

We've just come back from Budapest. We stayed in Marriott Hotel in Pest side. Our room overlooked the Danube river, the royal palace, Gellert Hill etc (the Buda side). It's the best view. And what better is that we got the room in Marriott hotel for just $70/night through priceline.com ( the room is actually costs more than $200/night!). Viva priceline! You guys should try. Marriott is right next to the pier where a lot of cruises depart. We basically walked just 3 minutes from Marriott to the pier where the cruise to Szentendre departs.