Budapest Apartment Recommendation

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to Budapest in June. Since there'll be 5 of us, I figured it would be cheaper to stay in an apartment/pension instead of booking 2 rooms in a hotel. Any suggestions or recommendations on apartments in the city center?
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:49 AM
elr

I will be there on Friday, and dealt with To-Ma Tours which has both private residences, and apartments.
http://www.tomatour.hu/
They say all their apartments are centrally located on the Pest side.
While I've not stayed in one of their places yet, they have been prompt and professional to deal with.
good luck.
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:49 AM
Bootman4U

I'm going to answer this post the same way I answered your other one about Prague. I think you may be wrong in your assumption about hotel room prices being more expensive than an apartment..but, of course, how you spend your money is up to you..just trying to be helpful in assuring you've covered all the bases...no intent ot be anything but helpful

Old May 6th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Bootman4U,
Appreciate the response. BTW, I have done my homework and found out that hotels are generally more expensive for 5 people since I have to get 2 rooms and 1 extra bed. In case I missed it, can you recommend a hotel in Prague, Budapest or Vienna that might solve my dilemma? Regards.
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:34 AM

Golfman, here is a link you might want to check out. There are several apartments/villas in Budapest. Looks reasonable to me.

http://www.vacationvillas.net/index..../reg_refno/143

I agree with you. Apartments/villas are the way to go in Europe if you are going for a week or more. More room, save on food, etc. There are just two of us. We are going to Tuscany next year, and will be looking for a villa/apartment to stay in.

Happy hunting.
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 07:16 AM

Golfman, Where did you stay. We are looking at the Amadeus Apartment called "Brilliant". Any information you can give us would be appreciated. Many thanks.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 03:58 PM

Try using www.vrbo.com. We used this site for our stay in Normandy last year and hit the jackpot. These are "Vacation Rentals By Owner" Type in Budapest and see each offering. Lots of large apartments from cheap to expensive. There are listings for all over the world. A great surfing site from Florida to Africa for cool, privately owned places to stay! Have a great trip. Tracy