Reload this Page >

Budapest and Vienna

Search

Budapest and Vienna

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:15 PM
Pratap

Budapest and Vienna

I have about 5 days available. To be split between Vienna and Budapest. How should I organize it?

Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:16 PM
Linda

You could spend 5 days in each! A lot depends on what you like: museums, cultural, nightlife, meeting people, comparing the differences & similarities. I would divide it evenly, 2 full days in both and one as a finish one city/travel/acclimate to other city. They are very different because of the east/west history but the history before 1930's is very similar.

Old May 4th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Alice the Magyar

Hi Linda, I was wondering if you wrote a travel report on Hungary while you were there? If so, Could you please send me any information you may have. Thank you in advance. I plan on going there in less than 3 weeks. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again. Alice

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:17 PM
mark

On my third trip to Budapest, I hopped over to Vienna for 3 days - spent 5 in Budapest total. It was my first time to Vienna - beautiful city. 3 days wasn't enough - but a nice introduction. 3 hour train trip in both directions. Vienna is grander, more polished, formal, a bit rigid (?). Budapest is beautiful, a bit rough around the edges ( I like that personally ), quiet, gentle. In some ways they seem so ying and yang yet share a common substratum. I see myself visiting Vienna for events like New Year's yet going to Budapest to restore my body and soul.<BR>Hope my comments help.

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Linda

Alice, I will send you some information to your email. Dr. Fleps (who used to have a b&b) wrote a booklet with a number of walks, which are quite informative. I am writing here in hopes that Art will see this and tell you even more. He was with the Fleps for a week.

Old May 5th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Silvia

Hi,<BR>You can go by train (2,5 h) or boat from Vienna to Budapest.<BR>Both cities are worth to go.<BR>Regards from Vienna<BR>Silvia